Topic: Registration Email Not Received

I think this problem started when I migrated to a dedicated server. Local SENDMAIL is working fine because I am able to send out emails from Wordpress.

Firstly, someone emailed me telling that they did not receive email containing their password. I thought it might ended up in spam folder. Then I tried registering a dummy account, I too did not get the email. Checked SPAM folder, also not there.

I have the Verify registrations turned on. SMTP server address, username and password are blank.

Any ideas?

Re: Registration Email Not Received

Link?

3 (edited by raymond 2007-12-06 07:47)

Oops sorry. My bad tongue

It's http://www.raymond.cc/forum/

I've also tried entering raymond.cc's own smtp, username and password, still it wouldn't send the registration details sad

I got the registration email, it went to my gmail spam folder

Smartys wrote:

I got the registration email, it went to my gmail spam folder

Hey smartys.
What makes it go to the spam folder? Does this mean any site I build this will happen. And... er... is there anyway of stopping it. tongue

StevenBullen wrote:

And... er... is there anyway of stopping it. tongue

Nope. Not unless you figure out what methodology the likes of Google/MSN/Hotmail, (and you'll be the first if you do), big_smile use for weighting/blocking mail.

That is weird! I swear that it didn't work earlier today. I've also gotten 2 emails complaining about it.

I did a search and I read something about this today and I made the changes.

* Dns resolved raymond.cc to 75.127.71.130
It wasn't able to resolve the IP address to hostname.

So I ask my webhost to do the PRT changes and it worked now smile
Thanks! Great support and forum script.

raymond wrote:

So I ask my webhost to do the PRT changes and it worked now smile

PTR. big_smile If you think you may have any uncertainty with DNS in the future, the best course is to just use the I.P address of the smtp server.