51 (edited by bingiman 2007-12-23 23:36)

Re: Toying with another useless mod idea

I still get that error. I believe the problem may be in the following lines:

$db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db_prefix."download_cats (cat_name, cat_desc, total_files, disp_position) VALUES('New Category', 'No description', 1, 0)") or error('Unable to insert into table '.$db_prefix.'download_cats. Please check your configuration and try again.');

$db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db_prefix."downloads (download_name, download_id, download_desc, cat_id, download_count) VALUES('New Download', 0, 'No description', 1, 0)") or error('Unable to insert into table '.$db_prefix.'downloads. Please check your configuration and try again.');

Give that new db update script I've just e-mailed you a try.

Also, it's just been mentioned that there can only be one auto increment per table in MySQL. ( Thanks for that info dmspilot00 smile ). So....., change this line:

disp_position INT AUTO_INCREMENT,

to:

disp_position INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,

Well, that did work this time. I do however have a problem. I am testing this on my local site and I have added categories and I uploaded a test file. I know the file is there and it shows as (1) in the category but the file is not listed. Any ideas?

Enter a name for the download. Until you change it from the default, it won't show up in the download section. smile It's a failsafe so that you can add multiple new downloads to the category, before you start editing them and uploading/linking to files. Until the name changes from the one created by default, they show in the category count, but aren't visible.

Well, I did get it to work. I then created 6 new directories, added files to them and not one showed up. That was weird because when I did an install of the mod (second time) it showed the 1 file that I uploaded. I will test it again and let you know. big_smile

57 (edited by MattF 2007-12-24 01:06)

Just thought. There's one other thing it may be. big_smile File permissions. It chmods directories/files permissions. I do tend to be a bit draconian on occasion, so you may need to alter these two, near the top of admin_donloads.php, to be less restrictive:

$dirperms = 0700;
$fileperms = 0400;

0777 on the dirperms will give all system accounts write access to the directories, 0444 will give all system accounts read access to the files. smile

That shouldn't matter on a windows XP box. It should work.

bingiman wrote:

That shouldn't matter on a windows XP box. It should work.

Windoze and work are never two words I would picture in the same paragraph. big_smile I'm just wondering if having to lose that auto increment has affected things. I'll have a peek at the code and check. I never expected a db to have such a limitation.

60 (edited by MattF 2007-12-24 01:32)

That's only on the categories, and you can manually set it, so that's not causing the problem. smile Have you set the download directory name correctly? Have you altered the download names from the default? Do the directories you have created show in that 'select directory' drop down list in the admin_downloads section?

It installed and ran perfectly on the standard setup here first time, so I'm not quite sure where your problem may lay, offhand. big_smile

Yeah, I've been over it so many times and had no luck. Only once it worked and I did nothing special to it. It is weird. I will have a go at it again. I was actually trying to add it to Mega Pun as the default download mod but it is no big deal. big_smile - I think I need a break from my PC. lol

62 (edited by MattF 2007-12-24 01:59)

Does Mega Pun install on PgSQL db's? If so, I could give it a try and test run here. smile

I think it does actually. I know tinytim from soonotes.com designed the install exactly in the same way as punBB.

bingiman wrote:

I think it does actually. I know tinytim from soonotes.com designed the install exactly in the same way as punBB.

Nice. smile Any chance you could e-mail it over? I assume it is the up and coming 4.0 you're trying to plug it into? Oh, btw, your site's offline.

65 (edited by bingiman 2007-12-24 02:24)

I know. My host is down. So much for paying the extra for a VPS account. They had some hardware issues and no clue when it will be back up. I guess I am on the hunt for another web host....5 so far between Nov. and Dec.

Anyway, Let me zip up 4.00 for you and I will email it now.

Update: email sent

Received it through fine, cheers. smile The installer needs some work for PgSQL. big_smile I've sorted most of the installer syntax, but just stuck on a couple of items. Two table entries. User and column. PgSQL refuses to let those be entered as column names, and they're used by a couple of the mods. smile Just trying to figure some way around it.

That's a bugger with the hosts, btw. Bet you must be well peeved by now.

Oh hell yeah...about my sites being down. Well, it finally came back online after they changed a few pieces of hardware on the server, or so they say. I just know one thing. There is no such thing as a reliable host. big_smile

68 (edited by MattF 2007-12-24 21:47)

Christ, you do know how to cause me extra work. big_smile Finally, (apart from those two column names I mentioned earlier), got the thing to install on PgSQL. The download mod works fine on MegaPun. Uploaded two files, and both show straight away in the downloads section, no problem. It would appear the problem you had is local to your machine, because I can't replicate it here. smile Btw, do you want me to get that download mod plugged into the code for you, including the installer and admin_options?

that would be awesome if you can add it for me Matt. Thank you very much.

No probs. smile I've also altered the install.php so that passwords are asterisk'ed when entered, and http:// is suffixed to the base url. With regards to PgSQL, btw, Mega Pun won't run happily on it. I've managed t get the installation problems sorted so that I can test this download mod, but some of the mods are, to put it subtly, a bit shonky. Some of the code won't run with PgSQL in some of the mods, as it is.

The download mod is installed and inplace now though, with the installer for both PgSQL and MySQL included in install.php. smile

71 (edited by bingiman 2007-12-24 23:05)

ok, but how do you overcome the issue with the download paths. Will it be placed in the admin area of does the suer have to add it themselves?

You lost me here:

btw, Mega Pun won't run happily on it.

on what?

bingiman wrote:

ok, but how do you overcome the issue with the download paths. Will it be placed in the admin area of does the suer have to add it themselves?

The links in the admin index have been added. All you need to do, (or do you want me to do it before I e-mail it over)?, is exchange the navlink 'uploads' for 'downloads'. smile

bingiman wrote:

You lost me here:

btw, Mega Pun won't run happily on it.

on what?

Ahem:

With regards to PgSQL, btw, Mega Pun won't run happily on it.

big_smile big_smile

Sorry Matt....very, very long day that just won't end. My stress level is up cause I am "on call" lol

Yes, you can add the new link to the nav. I would appreciate that very much.