Topic: CSS for Profile > About > Email

The CSS for Profile > About > Email is different from the others. On hover, the underline changes to red, but not the email text. Is this intentional?

2 (edited by qubertman 2008-02-06 20:01)

Re: CSS for Profile > About > Email

This is only happening when you are viewing your own profile under Profile > About and "Display your e-mail address to other users" is checked.

Found out the problem. In line 1338 of profile.php, the <span> tag should be outside of the <a> tag.

Line: 1184
$pun_page['user_data'][] = '<li><strong>'.$lang_profile['E-mail'].'</strong> <span><a href="mailto:'.$user['email'].'" class="email">'.$user['email'].'</a></span></li>';

Line: 1338
$pun_page['user_data'][] = '<li><strong>'.$lang_profile['E-mail'].'</strong> <a href="mailto:'.$user['email'].'" class="email"><span>'.$user['email'].'</span></a></li>';

considering the code there, why is the span needed at all?

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Actaully that page has been rewritten somewhat since the beta was released. The general reason for spans inside li's is to allow bullets to be styled differently from the text without using graphics. Its not really necessary where the text is in a link but it does make it consistent.

ahh, yep that makes sense - funnily enough I was talking about the bullet colouring only the other day.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum