Topic: Locked out by SEF

Turns out, my host in a way DOESN'T support mod_rewrite in a way, and now I can't access my forum! How do I change the configuration for that WITHOUT going into the admin CP?

Re: Locked out by SEF

This has been discussed before...

I would not mind so much if the form submitted to a non-fancy urlm, because the form would still work. tongue

Im guessing the fancy urls will be dropped for the admin section completely. It dont help... and will cause this problem to come up to often. Im sure I read that its under discussion. smile

3 (edited by IIDX Clock 2008-02-11 12:52)

Figured it out,

1. Go to %PUNBBDIR%/cache_config.php

2. Find the  'o_sef' line, and change it to Default.

3. Remove the copy of cache_config.php on the server and upload the new one in its place.

That wont work in the long run. As soon as the cache regenerates you will be back to square 1. tongue

The easier route would be to go into your DB and change 'o_sef' to 'Default', then delete your cache so it automatically recreates itself.

But theoretically, this gets you back in so you can set it and save the settings with the Admin CP...just gotta wait and see...

IIDX Clock wrote:

But theoretically, this gets you back in so you can set it and save the settings with the Admin CP...just gotta wait and see...

Except as soon as you change a setting, it locks you out again, since the database value isn't updated.