Topic: Two forums in one?

My problem is such:

I have a forum in which women wants "subforum". But problem is such that I as administrator can not lower my permisions and I see that forum, its topics. Well, I am ofcourse intriguited, but I need to modificify my forum in the way, that I do not see that forum and its topics, posts.
As it seems that admin permisions can not be lowered, there is one more way:

Is it possible that I create one more forum.
Now I have "forum.islammuslim.lv". I would create "muslima.islammuslim.lv". And in my index.php page would be integrated that other forum, but I would not see (as others execpt women members), and that other forum admin would be different person?

Something like this or otherway sollution?

Any thoughts?

Re: Two forums in one?

I think the easiest way for you is not to click on the womans forum link so that you will never go there wink

kierownik wrote:

I think the easiest way for you is not to click on the womans forum link so that you will never go there wink

That is hardest way...

;-)

4 (edited by MattF 2008-02-22 03:14)

You asked this same question, (or one extremely similar), several months ago. Any and all answers are still the same.

MattF wrote:

You asked this same question, (or one extremely similar), several months ago. Any and all answers are still the same.

I recieved ZERO answear so trying to think other way modification... Previous I was asking just about lowering permissions for admin, but recieved no advice...

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17013

Ok. Russians ( punbb.ru ) solved it.
http://punbb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=2073

viewforum.php:

if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN && $id == PUT THAT FORUM NUMBER HERE)
    message($lang_common['No view']);

viewtopic.php:

if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN && $cur_topic['forum_id'] == PUT THAT FORUM NUMBER HERE)
    message($lang_common['No view']);

Now admin see that forum on index.php, but can get in.

You do not have permission to view these forums.

Go back

That is merely a token gesture. You can access the db, you can access the content.

MattF wrote:

That is merely a token gesture. You can access the db, you can access the content.

Yes, but I said, that for me is enough that I can not access it easy way. It is enough if it do not lies just under the nose.

I will not try some difficult ways to go. Becouse anyway - it is possible to change to vannila punBB and access again...