Topic: Freelancer legal side?

I am starting up my own Mini-business, as a freelancer. I will be selling modified Punbb site to "customers". My question is: What legal actions do i need to take regarding TAX.

More important are there any limits for a under 16 on a business, will i have to register it under another company?

I plan to keep accurate and up-to date records of all transactions made. All opinions welcome

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Re: Freelancer legal side?

It depends on your country. Things may be very different from Oregon US to France to Japan to Slovenia.

In any cases, regarding legal advice, you should go see a licensed expert on the field. ?I've seen it on a web board? is not an accepted apology in front of a judge, or an IRS agent smile

Jérémie wrote:

It depends on your country. Things may be very different from Oregon US to France to Japan to Slovenia.

In any cases, regarding legal advice, you should go see a licensed expert on the field. ?I've seen it on a web board? is not an accepted apology in front of a judge, or an IRS agent smile

UK... And good point!

Discussed it with my parents, and they are going to claim it as their company, because i will be focusing the websites on their job, and when i want to to expand, i will then seek legal advice.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

4 (edited by downliner 2008-03-04 00:56)

matt1298 wrote:
Jérémie wrote:

UK... And good point!

Discussed it with my parents, and they are going to claim it as their company, because i will be focusing the websites on their job, and when i want to to expand, i will then seek legal advice.

Up here in scotland we have a business startup organisation that help young entrepeneurs with the initial setup of the business - everything from helping write your business plan, turnover forecasts etc. If you're of a certain age group (younger than 25, not sure what the youngest age allowed is) they'll also give you a £1000 grant to help you out smile

I'm not sure if you have the same scheme wherever you are in the UK but I'm sure England, Wales etc will have similiar government run operations for helping you out.

You should check out the Business Gateway website as they have some excellent information on there - template business plans and that sort of thing.

edit : a more specific link on there site is here. All the information a startup business should need smile Good luck

5 (edited by MattF 2008-03-04 04:56)

Check with your local Business Link, (or whatever name they go under). They'll be able to advise. Getting some advice from the Inland Revenue might be worthwhile too. They'll be able to tell you if there are any caveats or considerations for someone of your age.