Re: PunBB 1.3 official extensions

Utchin wrote:

just i dont think you need to put the copyright notice on that extension?

I still don't get the problem.
If you don't like it: just disable it )
Though I suppose it is OK to put visible copyright notice to refer to the code author.

Carpe diem

there is no need for the copy right notice it makes a forum look that little bit complicated for new people.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Just disable it.

no im just saying that its pointless having the copyright notice there when people use in on fluxbb...

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Utchin wrote:

no im just saying that its pointless having the copyright notice there when people use in on fluxbb...

I'm completely missing your point here. The extensions are written for PunBB. The fact that they also work with FluxBB is obviously due to the same codebase being used. However, they're specifically written with the intent of being used with PunBB, so where's the problem?

Not trying to be awkward Matt, but this sounds like you're arguing just for the sake of argument.

Utchin wrote:

You start Adobe Photoshop under Microsoft Windows. Is Adobe copyright pointless because of Windows having Microsoft copyright?
I think it is especially important to point that extension used is not part of FluxBB. As well as Photoshop is not part of Windows.

MattF wrote:

However, they're specifically written with the intent of being used with PunBB, so where's the problem?

We do have in mind that the extension will be possibly used under FluxBB. And I don't see any issues here.

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:
MattF wrote:

However, they're specifically written with the intent of being used with PunBB, so where's the problem?

We do have in mind that the extension will be possibly used under FluxBB. And I don't see any issues here.

Not inferring that there are any issues or exclusions. Flux compatibility is something that you cannot guarantee, however, if your code base does start diverging and becoming distinct. Hence the point.

Copyright, especially as intrusive as that, should be in the code, not cluttering your view.

elbekko wrote:

Copyright, especially as intrusive as that, should be in the code, not cluttering your view.

Partially agree. Feel free to disable it.

Carpe diem

Is pun_karma compatible with 1.3.2? I can't find a place to download

pun_karma is being upgraded and confirmed for 1.3.2 by the Informer PunBB crew.  That was just decided this week, so it isn't even in SVN yet.

http://punbb.informer.com/svn/additions … xtensions/

62 (edited by rupomcautt 2015-08-27 04:11)

I haven't really checked out FluxBB, but to me it seems identical to PunBB. They haven't made any improvements on it really, just a change in control. I'm not sure the huge benefit in that, considering it's already an open source application and control is in the hands of the community already.