1 (edited by Maxtrix 2008-07-02 01:20)

Topic: Tpics not being marked 'as read'

I realize this is a dev. realease (1.3) so I won't rant.  I just wanted to point out that topics are not properly being marked as read when I read them.

When I read the topic, it IS being marked read, but then I leave the forum for say 1 hour, return and voila, the threads I read are 'unread' again even though there are no new posts there, no edits etc.

Really. Annoying.

Re: Tpics not being marked 'as read'

I had this problem too until i upgraded to the latest RC. What version are you using?

Uh, I said above: 1.3RC

My bad, i have no idea then.

Actually, I just realized that the "mark as read" link has the same problem.

Browser? Cookie settings?

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

Browser? Cookie settings?

Safari 3.1.2 on Mac OS-X 10.5

Cookie settings to normal ("accept all from sites you navigate to"), never had a cookie problem elsewhere hmm

Maxtrix wrote:

Get a real browser, just kidding smile

Why not try it with Firefox and see if you get the same results. Often times I experience strange things and fire up Opera or IE to compare, just to be on the safe side.

Another thing you could try is to clear the cookie for this forum and try again. I know I was having some weird things going on when Firefox 3 came out and this forum changed versions, so I cleared everything and started over.

hcgtv wrote:
Maxtrix wrote:

Get a real browser, just kidding smile

Why not try it with Firefox and see if you get the same results. Often times I experience strange things and fire up Opera or IE to compare, just to be on the safe side.

Another thing you could try is to clear the cookie for this forum and try again. I know I was having some weird things going on when Firefox 3 came out and this forum changed versions, so I cleared everything and started over.

Safari works just fine on the Mac. I'd clear the cookies, and maybe change the cookie settings.

It happens the same for me and for the other user of my forum too.

And if I don't go on my forum for a while and then I come back, some of the topics that I did not read are marked as read...

What should I do ???