Topic: 5 suggestions

1. Coloured topic subjects: give the user an option to select a colour (the color menu should have a description box so people know what the colour means) for the subject of his message. This would be specially useful if you don't want to have subforums per category, just one forum with subjects displayed with different colours suggesting the possible content of the posts.

2. Guests can post: I run a forum that's 99% about help. People basically post to ask for help when the official documentation fails. It turns out many people just have one question and no plans of staying after getting help. Letting them post as guests would save us bandwidth, not to mention the database would be easier to mantain without that many abandoned accounts.

3. "Enter a valid e-mail address" during registration should be optional when "Verify registrations" is disabled and the user should be informed about this.

4. User should be informed about allowed/disallowed characters for name and password when registering an account.

5. Rise the password length to at least 32 chacaters.

Thanks smile

Re: 5 suggestions

1) This will be an extension, not a core feature

2) guests can post if you set access to the forum, go in the admin side and edit the forum

3) a valid email is nice to have if you or another member want to contact the person.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Utchin wrote:

1) This will be an extension, not a core feature

Do you mean "this would have to be an extension if someone ever bothers with it" or it's in fact a "this will happen"? just asking because it really sounded like you agreed to the suggestion and considered coding it yourself cool

Utchin wrote:

2) guests can post if you set access to the forum, go in the admin side and edit the forum

Thanks a bunch, I was looking into the wrong settings.

Utchin wrote:

3) a valid email is nice to have if you or another member want to contact the person.

Indeed, but my forum (I'll migrate to punbb in the hours to come) is basically a guest forum and the few who actually register don't really want to give out any personal info including mail, they want a fast and clean registration without any commitments or ties whatsoever wink

Personaly i would move to fluxbb becucase there will be more extensions created for that and more support and community benifits.

If you ask me that question when Fluxbb 1.3 is released then I will consider making it, as it wouldnt be hard.

If you are using fluxbb 1.3 Then i can create a hook to disable the registration email checks, And 1.2 i can modify the registration.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.