Topic: vBulletin sucks

I just tried it, and it looks like it was made on 1920, it is soooo Web0.1alpha.

I don't see why people use it. SMF is also very Web1.0.

I kinda like phpBB, but it's way too much configuration and pictures.

That's why I love PunBB. It's simple and fast.

Re: vBulletin sucks

Try SMF new beta.

And try Invision Board. : D

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

3 (edited by Reactor 2008-12-24 09:44)

I did not tried vBulletin, but my friends are saying it is very nice programmed forum.
I love PunBB why? Its free and you can change all, because its easy (if not ask here).
Customizing its the point. Its fast as hell, much faster then phpbb.

Garciat you should not saying that vBulettin sucks, because of appearance. We should not complain about tastes.
You can always mod your CSS file.

4 (edited by User33 2008-12-24 14:03)

I didn't just say that because it looked bad... I actually tried it on my local server.

5 (edited by MattF 2008-12-26 20:17)

Reactor wrote:

I did not tried vBulletin, but my friends are saying it is very nice programmed forum.

Never looked at it myself, but the last I heard, (and this is totally second hand information), is that the coding is shite, to put it subtly. As I mentioned, however, I cannot say first hand.

6 (edited by codyBane 2009-03-16 18:51)

I'm new to punbb but I have no gripes about any other forums looking a bit too web 1.0.  Web 2.0 features are nice but aren't needed to get the job done and aren't necessarily faster to work with.  That and it still takes a good web 2.0 designer to realize how and where to implement his web 2.0 elements to make a good interface.

That said PunBB looks pretty good so far.

Not crazy about vBulletin either. When you are used to posting on PunBB, vBulletin seems slow and sluggish by comparison, even on a local server.

How can vBulletin suck when it has 10 times the resources available and dozens more usable features than PunBB??  I SERIOUSLY doubt any of you have ever used it.

Baldilocks wrote:

How can vBulletin suck when it has 10 times the resources available and dozens more usable features than PunBB??  I SERIOUSLY doubt any of you have ever used it.

You are comparing the feature set alone. Most have a wider criteria than merely how many extra bits a BB software has as standard.

The fact that this thread was posted on the PunBB forums, (a BB software specifically designed to be compact and minimal by default), is a bit of a giveaway that the feature set is not the primary consideration.

Btw, what exactly does: 'when it has 10 times the resources available' mean? A figure plucked out of the air or factual? Resources regarding what, btw?