Topic: Submit button hidden by textbox area

I'm experiencing it right now. The 'submit topic' and 'preview topic' buttons are barely visible. The "write message" and "optional post settings" are in full view, but the bottom of the post settings overlaps the submit topic button.

I tried searching this issue but couldn't find it.  Perhaps whoever posted it before didn't explain it in plain terms.

Re: Submit button hidden by textbox area

Browser (+version)?

Hello.

Does it happen with the Oxygen style ?  With which browse does it happen ?

Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS / Windows XP SP2
GIMP 2.6.8 (advanced), Inkscape (newbie)
XHTML/CSS (advanced), PHP/MySQL (medium)
Don't ask what free software can do for you, but what you can do for free software.

4 (edited by Jeff Goldblum 2009-01-21 23:17)

Sorry for the belated response.  IE version 6.0.2900.2180 Service Pack 2.  Oxygen style.

I noticed that the Submit and Preview buttons tend to "slide" in position relative to the double line. One instance they are a few millimeters below, next instance in the middle, and sometimes a few millimeters above!  Wierd.  When the buttons are totally or partially hidden behind the textarea, if I hit the Refresh button in IE, the problem is often corrected. On rare occasions, it requires hitting the Refresh button twice.

Tip: use Firefox or at least upgrade to IE7.

a user reported this to me yesterday. I'll try to find out what browser he is on.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.  Notice the buttons aren't showing.  A bit frustrating for users if they type in something only to find they can't submit it.  I've learned to copy, then repaste after hitting the refresh button. For whatever reason, hitting the refresh button solves the problem.  I wonder if it could be related to having a "full compliment" of smilies on the bbCode bar.

http://www.laflyfish.com/photos/forum_error.jpg

I encounter the problem either.

when refresh the browser, it corrected. But the content dismissed after the action....

9 (edited by JimTrail 2009-02-28 23:58)

I'm having a similar problem. It looks like the submit button is getting partly covered up by the <p> tag or the <div> tag above.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/volitics/punbbphotobucket.gif

It's doing the same thing on the "Post Reply" page
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/volitics/punbbphotobucket1.gif

I have got the IE 6.0 version. It looks like it works ok with FireFox. Some users might have the 6.0 version of IE

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

I think the presence of these bugs strongly depends on updates istalled for IE, since updates can contain some browser bug fixes. IE version 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) (installed on my computer) shows "Post new topic" form correctly.

I upgraded to IE7 and although the submit button is no longer hidden when I first access a topic or new post, it's out of position somewhat.  I did a view source and wondered if this might be the problem:

</div>
        <fieldset class="frm-group group1">

Shouldn't the start of the fieldset be defined by a new <div> statement?  That ends with a </div> just before the <div> for the submit/return buttons?

Seems like a <fieldset> element of forms shouldn't be placed into an additional <div>.