Topic: Custom Templates?

I've just found pun and am impressed, just in the process of transferring my forum over to it (it was originally a custom build). I am looking through the forums but can't quite find the answer. I understand the styles, but is it possible to make custom templates, or changes that then don't get over written with an update?

I've read people talk about custom templates but there's no definition as to whether they are talking about CSS templates or actual template files. The directory structure doesn't seem to be setup to accommodate custom templates? Do I simply overwrite the files in include\template?

Thanks I look forward to becoming a more active member here and getting my site running.

Simon

Re: Custom Templates?

Forum updates don't overwrite templates, those can be overwritten if you update to a new Forum version. In this case you can manually rewrite templates.

Re: Custom Templates?

Slavok wrote:

Forum updates don't overwrite templates, those can be overwritten if you update to a new Forum version. In this case you can manually rewrite templates.

Ok thanks, do I create a new directory and set the forum to use a particular template or do I just overwrite the ones in the templates directory and just run one set?

Simon