1 (edited by mixart 2009-11-20 18:34)

Topic: Upgrading highly modded forum from 1.2 to 1.3

I'm considering going through the painstaking task of upgrading a highly modded 1.2 forum to 1.3.

In addition to this, I have many many custom pages on my website that use punbb's user tables and many punbb functions. For example I have custom profile pages that refer to all the $pun_user[] variables. Another example is I use some of the parsing functions when posting user content to other pages on my site.

My question is, does 1.3 still user mostly the same function names, user table names, routine names, and still reference $pun_user[] for all the user vars?

Re: Upgrading highly modded forum from 1.2 to 1.3

mixart wrote:

My question is, does 1.3 still user mostly the same function names, user table names, routine names, and still reference $pun_user[] for all the user vars?

Nearly all functions and global variables have been renamed. Now the prefix "forum_" is used for names instead of "pun_". These two articles explain the Forum's constants and global variables.

Re: Upgrading highly modded forum from 1.2 to 1.3

Thanks, this helps a little smile

I know I can download and install 1.3 to find out this info, but do you know if there is a resource somewhere on this site that shows the database structure of 1.3?