Topic: Topic Preview on Mouseover

Hi Everyone..

I've used the search but can't seem to find where things are at, but I was wondering does pun have that feature where you can see a preview of what's in the top, or post etc when you mouse of thel title? or is it possible to add this feature somehow?

Also I was looking for a forum that integrates well with a static HTML site and a few folk mentioned Pun..

Really I would just to have the forum on it's page to match my site, and pull the most recent discussions from all topics to display them on the front page, is this relatively easy to do with pun (I know a tiny amount of php *very basic* and css etc)

Thanks in Advance

Martin

Re: Topic Preview on Mouseover

Redelectric wrote:

I was wondering does pun have that feature where you can see a preview of what's in the top, or post etc when you mouse of the title? or is it possible to add this feature somehow?

There is no such feature in PunBB. But, in principle, one can implement this as an extension. Maybe someone will help you. Please, describe in details what preview on what pages should appear.

Redelectric wrote:

pull the most recent discussions from all topics to display them on the front page, is this relatively easy to do with pun

You can find some examples of integration at this Wiki page. If you want something else, describe it in details, please.

Parpalak wrote:
Redelectric wrote:

I was wondering does pun have that feature where you can see a preview of what's in the top, or post etc when you mouse of the title? or is it possible to add this feature somehow?

There is no such feature in PunBB. But, in principle, one can implement this as an extension. Maybe someone will help you. Please, describe in details what preview on what pages should appear.

Redelectric wrote:

pull the most recent discussions from all topics to display them on the front page, is this relatively easy to do with pun

You can find some examples of integration at this Wiki page. If you want something else, describe it in details, please.

Thanks Parpalak

I'm not quite sure what preview exactly, but I have seen on some forums, when you mouse over the topic, it shows an excerpt of what's inside sort of thing, I was thinking something like that, as I find I use that feature and a lot of folk I asked said they do too.

Will go and check out the wiki now and try and get my head around it.. then probably pop back to this post with more detail. I don't really want anything too fancy just some way of bringing some aspect of the community/forum onto the front page of my site..

Cheers!

M

Ok, feel free to ask for help.

Thanks Parpalak..

heh, I tried a few other forums before I found pun, but the speed of this one amongst other things and the amazing support made me go for this:)

I Installed the forum last night on my local server, and been messing to make it match my site, but I havn't tried to use any hooks etc yet, I will try and figure it out myself but If I get stuck I will head here..

Thanks again

Martin