1 (edited by Grez 2010-07-31 12:57)

Topic: Wiki, Extensions

I was thinking about adding my extensions to the Extension list on Wiki page, and well... I ended up reworking the page "a little bit"   lol So I wanted to ask, whether you think it's good to continue this way (= ordering extensions by maxtested forum version) or stick with the old chaotic way  smile

I think when these changes are completed, you can easily just come, see the extensions and tell apart active ones and old (maybe buggy) ones.

If you agree with me, I could use some help with that. Just check the maxtestedversion and try to obey rules (= alphabetic order, no link to author's profile at forum (guys, you don't need to boost your ego like that! Only thing that's coming from that is mess when you want to edit that table), link to extension topic, and description). Download link should be only at the topic so you don't have to search X pages for changing link when publishing new version of extension.

//Wasn't sure to which forum should I send this topic, so if it's wrong, please move it  neutral

Edit: Changes completed (now only thing that rest is adding extensions which weren't published at Wiki  hmm )

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

Re: Wiki, Extensions

Interesting and nice effort.

Btw, I don't know of any extension that doesn't work on 1.3.4 ... so the distinction of whether it was made and tested on 1.3.2 etc isn't that important, IMO...

Unfortunately, some of them don't - or at least don't work properly  sad  Especially those with Javascript usually have a lot of problems with different browsers (actually, this is problem of official extensions as well sad)

Moreover, when you see an extension, which's last tested version 1.3 you treat it otherwise than that with lasttestedversion 1.3.4 and last update two days ago  smile

But, well I should write there some info, that those extensions are likely to work, but it's not 100%  wink

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

If you've seen (or anyone else for that matter) any
that don't work and
whose authors aren't active here anymore, or don't react to a bug report for 1.3.4,

I think it's probably a good idea to let those extensions be "adopted" by whoever can and wants to correct it. (keeping orginial author as well as new author in ext info)

That way no good code, or important features are lost... smile