1 (edited by Mauft 2010-12-15 18:15)

Topic: Full Integration with website

EDIT: Oh well, nevermind. I took a better look at the whole thing and, while it is really interesting and lightweight, it requires too much tinkering to satisfy my needs. Please delete the topic.

Hi all!

I want to integrate PunBB with my website, and I want it to be really strong two-sided integration. I am not asking for complete solution because I can manage it myself, but let me phrase some ideas and my questions related to them:

1. I am rather confident I will have to modify some of the core files to get the functionality I want, which makes me wonder how then am I supposed to work with fixes of punBB? Say, if there are some critical security vulnerabilities founds, any hints? I believe I could manage and implement it all by myself but that is an additional load of work.

2. I want to replace the dblayer with my implementation. It would be as simple as forwarding the query function to mine query function it would seem, but can I expect any other problems here?

3. I would like to replace the session mechanism used currently by punBB with the one my site is using (with some modification of course). Again, anything strange I might encounter here?

I think these are the first questions I'd like to ask, more will certainly come. I've also found this document: http://punbb.informer.com/docs/dev.html, is it outdated?

Re: Full Integration with website

Mauft wrote:

EDIT: Oh well, nevermind. I took a better look at the whole thing and, while it is really interesting and lightweight, it requires too much tinkering to satisfy my needs. Please delete the topic.

topic closed