Topic: recently upgraded, two feature questions

I had a 1.2.x site for years, and after an upgrade on the server OS broke the existing setup, I decided it was finally time to upgrade to 1.3.x.

Two things that we had on our previous version, I don't recall if they were "built-in" or if I had manually made the adjustments in the code - could you please advise (and if they are not built in or available via extensions, if you have suggestions on how to implement):

(note that I have done searches on here, searches via Google, and also read through the first 5 pages of this section and didn't see these already answered, so hopefully these aren't already covered)

1) When a reply, new post, etc is done on a thread, we want it to go back to the forum index (not the main forum index, but the section the thread had been in). For example, we have a "Muffins" section and when someone does a quick reply, it currently shows their post on the thread, but we want it instead to go back to the main page for "Muffins" listing the posts there.

2) In the old version, we couldn't double-submit, but in this new one we can. By that, I mean (usually accidentally) pressing the submit button more than once while it is "Thinking" (doing the forum submission in the background)

Thanks!