Topic: Questions

Hello. I am a technical manager for a professional gaming community and we are launching our Battlefield 3 themed fully working website on zen-chart software. We are looking for the most lightweight forum software which still has main functions. However (since I know nothing of this one, just found this place) I have a few quick questions and possible offers.

Here are some screenshots of Battlefiled 3 fourms.
http://bridgeurl.com/bf3-forums

We would like to mimic almost if not the exact looks and functions that of a bf3 forums. And in short I would like to know if that's possible with punBB.

[*]forums within a website[/*]
[*]possibility for various mysql requests, we want our site registration integrated with yours, so when they sign up on our forums or on our website, it's the same thing.[/*]
[*]do you already have plugins for purchase, payment systems? for example: would need punBB to read weather a user has made a purchase, is so, then give special forum privileges, update (status, or avatar), create a custom profile field and so on[/*]

Would mimicking battlefield 3 forums be even possible or how far am I allowed to customize punBB.
And last but not least, are there any professional programmers or very experienced punBB coders out there to pick up such an task if offered for a reasonable price?

Re: Questions

Everything you're asking for is very possible with PunBB. What you're going to need however, is a talented theme designer and a competent programmer. Site integration is fairly easy (there's a method for adding a user so you don't have to do it as a mysql query, which means you can pretty easily integrate it in your main site's registration code). As for doing things "on purchase", could you extrapolate a bit on what you mean? I'm inclined to say yes, it's possible, but it couldn't hurt to know a little more.

All in all if you have a theme designer who is good with HTML and CSS and a programmer who is good with PHP and mySQL you'll be able to do all the things you mentioned.