1 (edited by Federer Photography 2011-11-09 07:40)

Topic: Error upgrading from 1.3.4 to 1.4

I did the 'simple scripts' upgrade to 1.4.  Afterward, I was unable to view posts.   Doing the 'restore previous version' back to 1.3.4 the forum would not display.

So I went back to 1.4 -- which shows everything quite nicely except for individual forums and posts -- which are kind of important.

I disabled all extensions.  No dice.

When I go to a forum (anything using viewforum.php) I get the following error (after turning debug mode on)

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 52 in *pathsnip*/forum/viewforum.php

Database reported: Table 'federerp_pun01.pun_forum_subscriptions' doesn't exist (Errno: 1146)

When I go to viewtopic.php for any topic I get the following error:

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 324 in *pathsnip*/forum/viewtopic.php

Database reported: Unknown column 'u.avatar' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054).

The admin/db_update.php file gives me the following error:

An error was encountered

Your database is already as up-to-date as this script can make it.

Please help...  I'm kind of at a loss and for some reason the backup of 1.3.4 doesn't work... so onward is the only way through.

The forum is located here: http://www.theprofessionalphotographyforum.com/forum/

Re: Error upgrading from 1.3.4 to 1.4

I believe the error was due to simple scripts not running the db_update.php file, but it updated the o_database_revision -- so when I ran the db_update, it thought it was already done -- but it wasn't.

You can use sql administrator program like phpmyadmin to see o_cur_version in punbb_config,to know it was already done database update or not.

Taiwan is a country.
I am sorry for my English.

Show results of this DB query.

select conf_value from config where conf_name="o_database_revision" or conf_name="o_cur_version";

Correct.   However, those versions were wrong.   The "Simple Scripts" update changed all those, but didn't actually change the database.

db_update.php makes changes to database.

Hi, I got the same error too. How can I fix it? By the way I'm no pro in php nor mysql. Hopefully someone can explain in detail or kindly guide me through step by step. Thanks in advance!

Hi again, I found a solution to fix it. This only works for those who use 'simplescripts' to update.

1. Backup your database

2. Uninstall the PunBB script

3. Reinstall the script

4. Import the backup files.

I dealt with the problem the most simple way I could.

I went to SimpleScripts, clicked "Restore a backup", and had it restore the Forum the version it was on just before it upgraded. Everything worked fine then.