1 (edited by Candid Dauth 2012-03-20 15:49)

Topic: [Extension] Subscribe to Board

For my own needs, I have written a small extension that adds a profile setting to subscribe to the whole board. If the setting is enabled, an e-mail notification is sent to the user on every new post that the user has permission to read, on the whole forum. The e-mail contains a link to the “New posts” menu. Until the user clicks the link or visits the forum in any other way, no further notifications are sent. This way, the number of e-mails is kept low for people who do not read their e-mails too often, but still they don’t miss a posting.

The extension is developed on https://gitorious.org/cdauth_punbb/subscribe_to_board.

Re: [Extension] Subscribe to Board

ZIP files:
subscribe_to_board-0.1.0.zip

(I’m not allowed to add more than one link per posting)

Before I play with this one, is there an administrator setting, so the board administrator can subscribe it's own users with this, or a system wide setting to enable it? Thanks!

No, at the moment this is just a normal setting, so as an administrator you can enable it for your users by editing their profiles manually (maybe there’s an addon to edit the settings of multiple users at the same time).

If you want to enable the setting by default, just change the default value of the subscribe_to_board setting from 0 to 1 (in line 13 of the manifest.xml file).

Thanks!