Topic: Login not working

After I installed PunBB, I tried to login with the admin name/password. It says "Logged In Successfully. Redirecting..." but then when it takes me back to the main page, I'm logged out again. My forum is located at http://www.beatbomb.com/forums/ , please tell me what's up with that.

Re: Login not working

It works for me.

1. What browser are you using?
2. What webserver?
3. What PHP-version?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I.E. 6.0

apache

Is it Apache 2? There are a number of known issues with Apache 2 and PHP. Cookies is one of them.

What I find odd is that I can login. It's nost just a cache problem? Have you tried refreshing the page?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

KokaineWhite, this is what you would expect if you had cookies disabled in your browser or blocked by a security app/popup stopper/add blocker of some kind. I just tried disabling cookies on my machine and I couldn't login to this forum or to the PunBB installation on my local machine.

Just out of curiosity, is there any easy way around this i.e. letting people who are blocking cookies login or would it have to be a rewrite to use sessions instead.

ps21 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there any easy way around this i.e. letting people who are blocking cookies login or would it have to be a rewrite to use sessions instead.

Yes, that would involve sessions. And I don't like sessions. It's just too much work for too little gain.

Latest versions of Apache 2 and PHP 4 seem to have the previous issues resolved anyway.

-