Topic: CloudFlare plugin please? :)

Hi there (surely) great PunBB community!

I'm using CloudFlare on my website and it helps me a lot! It really boosted up my website and protected it. The thing is that CloudFlare changes users' IPs. There are various plugins for many CMS (such as Wordpress, PHPBB, XenoForums...) to decode that IP back to normal.

I messaged CloudFlare if they are planning to do some plugin for PunBB but i got negative response but that support guy suggested that we can code our own!
Since i'm not good at coding and i have plenty of other work i was hoping that some of you (super cool great mighty blasting hyper-coders!) could make it. smile

(If it's really necessary i can donate some small amount).

Thanks,
Tombik

Re: CloudFlare plugin please? :)

May be some developers might be interested in developing a plugin in the future..

i would be interested in this too if this solves my correct ip problem.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

SuperMAG wrote:

i would be interested in this too if this solves my correct ip problem.

Yes, the main target would be to set the correct IP of the user. I hope somebody'll be so awesome and make this. smile

Tombik wrote:

Hi there (surely) great PunBB community!

I'm using CloudFlare on my website and it helps me a lot! It really boosted up my website and protected it. The thing is that CloudFlare changes users' IPs. There are various plugins for many CMS (such as Wordpress, PHPBB, XenoForums...) to decode that IP back to normal...
Tombik

I used CloudFlare on my website. And I run PunBB 1.4.2 in a subfolder of the main domain. By some reason after 2-3 days CloudFlare starts to display page "This website is  offline" after minor changes to some users (oftrn after *.php chages).
It looks for me like CloudFlare is sensitive to the files change.

I am not a guru in ClodFlare services and I was not able to get it sorted out. That's why I was forced to disable CloudFlare services on my website.

So any advise to make CloudFlare compiant with PunBB would be greatly appreciated.

Johndialog

hey i use cloudFrare on my punbb forum. I found cloudflare app on my hosting cpanel. big_smile

www.ekushay.com
bangla entertainment forum

7 (edited by troy 2013-01-01 08:24)

I wrote a plugin to fix this issue:

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/147539/#p147539