Topic: IP Address in "Author" box

First off - great BB. Just what I was looking for in the speed department.

I want to turn off the display of a posters IP address in the "Author" box beside their posts but cannot locate this in the Admin panel - where shoudl I look?

Thanks

Re: IP Address in "Author" box

Hmm, isn't the IP only visible to admins/ + mods, hence i see no real point in turning it off?

-

It is only visible to admins and moderators. You can disable it completely, but then you would have to edit viewtopic.php.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ooops.... I never looked at it from the non-admin POV.

Thanks

I'll make a mod for making IP's totally confidental from everybody. It will be done within 2 days.

And I know this is off the topic, but how long does it usually take Cactuz to put a mod on his site? I uploaded a mod last night to remove the banning power from moderators and it is still not up there.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

I'll ask him why it's delaying.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ok. Thanks.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

First, I was away 2 days and secondly I had a problem with the script. It's all fixed now and usually the mod gets hosted the same day.

Btw: You made a new "step" which not in the standard.. don't do that wink

Lol sorry about that. I wanted people to remove that line, but I did not want to put REPLACE WITH (nothing). Oh well. Thanks for hosting it.