Re: BIG BUG with international charakters and Opera browser (7.10)

Kennel wrote:

It's not an issue concerning the database. I just did some tests and it's definately a problem specific to Opera. It appears Opera does not convert "special characters" to their HTML equivalent like all other browsers do. I don't know how to fix this.

Edit: I just tested this in Invision Board and it doesn't work there either. I don't know where you got that from.

Hmm that is strange. I test webs on my local apache+php... And I see through MySQL FrontEnd to DB... and I see in the Invision tab s-character (not their HTML equivalent)... I don't know... Maybe I'll check it again....

Does it work for you if you post in the forums at http://www.invisionboard.com/demo/ ?

Try setting your lang_encoding to iso-8859-2 if you haven't already. It's in lang/<lang>/<lang>_common.php.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Holly sh**! I test online http://bezva.host.sk/pun/viewtopic.php?pid=2#2 i change to 8859-2 before and post fast reply... I will see in DB, and try post topic title.... Looks good

29 (edited by Jim 2003-09-11 17:06)

it works... perhaps iso... I Shut up and sorry to you wink
Well, I wait to 2features of mail notification: 1)only one mail to unred topic when is more replies 2)admin/user can choose between a)link in mail notification (now form) b)reply text included in mail (my wish:)

Then I make Czech lang...

P.S.: I cannot edit topic title (I am topic starter..?)...Can You edit title: ADD - solved or something?

Please, excuse my english...

Jim wrote:

it works... perhaps iso... I Shut up and sorry to you ;)

No need to apologize :)

Jim wrote:

Well, I wait to 2features of mail notification: 1)only one mail to unred topic when is more replies 2)admin/user can choose between a)link in mail notification (now form) b)reply text included in mail (my wish:)

Then I make Czech lang...

1. It's already on the todo list.
2. Ok, I'll think about it. There are some issues with BBCode if the post text is to be included in the mail. Post text in a plaintext e-mail will be ugly with BBCode tags in it.

Jim wrote:

P.S.: I cannot edit topic title (I am topic starter..?)...Can You edit title: ADD - solved or something?

Users aren't allowed to edit topic subjects.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yes, in todo... i type: I Wait smile

ad 2.- and this?

$a=$post;
$x = Ereg_Replace("\[.*\]", "", $a);
echo $x;

Or ereg_replace for each specific tag...

Yes, but then how will you know what is a quote?

simple. Everything in []. I never use in post something in []... Or ereg_replace for each specific tag.. I mean [quot*] ... replace with "". But first option is IMHO acceptable, when write in the rules, that [everything] will be replaced in the plain text mail format with zero ;]

Yea, you mean quote tag...
well,

$a=$post;
$x = Ereg_Replace("\[quote\]", "Original Text:", $a);
$x = Ereg_Replace("\[\\quote\]", "Original Text END", $a);
$x = Ereg_Replace("\[.*\]", "", $a);
echo $x;

I do'nt test it, but idea is before replace [everything], replace quote tags with introducing text... Why not?

36 (edited by Jim 2003-09-13 08:12)

P.S.

f you need to talk to me, you can find me on IRC. Connect to Quakenet and join the channel #punbb.

Please, specify adress, port etc., i am novice user

errr i find it at ngi.it.quakenet.org `]

Kennel, please tell me, do you suppose with this feature with code solution above (example) in the future version?
Is there other problems here?

I'm considering it :)

please please, i use modem and I like when board post me full answer of topic...

40 (edited by Robur 2004-01-06 13:41)

JIM:

In lang/xx_common.php set:

lang_encoding            =>    iso-8859-2,

(instead of windows-1250)

I use ISO-8859-2 encoding for my hungarian-written pages here:
http://crohn-colitis.hu/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3

and hu characters works fine with Opera 7.1 too... let's give it a try!