Topic: Can PunBB be embedded?

Hello. iNaturalist (open source written in ruby) is currently lacking a member discussion feature. A site-wide, moderated community is not needed (yet). That is their view because of moderation and other things. I think there is some agreement that a light weight discussion feature is really needed at the individual "project" level.

I am hunting around for basic community software that could potentially mesh with iNaturalist, and that could be configured to run as instances, one for each project. A typical inat "project" might have 10 members and each instance might have their own 0 or 1 category level discussion section. That way the 10 member accounts associated with the project would alone have access (no moderation needed).

Any possibility with talki? Can it be used in part or somehow bridged to work? If not, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Can PunBB be embedded?

I am afraid that punbb is not the software you are looking for. Of course is possible (gezz... everything is possible), but many changes in the source code will be required. Punbb is not designed to be executed in multiple instances, many core functions must be rewritten, in my opinion it is not worth - better find something else. sad

If you want to contact me quickly - send e-mail, not PM.
<?php $t='<?php $t=%c%s%c; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);%c'; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);

Re: Can PunBB be embedded?

Thanks much for the reply!