Topic: the ! icon still remains after a topic is read

I've noticed that the ! icon (that what I know shows that something new is there) dosn't disappear after you've read the thread.

Re: the ! icon still remains after a topic is read

It's impossible to keep track  of every little thing you do on the forum, it would be way to clumsy. Therefore, it's not exact but still handy. I recommend using the "Mark all threads as read" button at the bottom of the index page when you've read everything useful.

-

Vbulletin seems do it well

this aint Vbulletin, and this bb is very fast without too many unneccessary features, and this isn't a bug.

It's not showing unread meassages ... it's just a choise of method to show how new posts since last visit are visible.

all php boards leave the ! thing there.....it takes a while for them to go away that what the "mark all posts as read" is for.

Actually, phpBB keeps track (per session) of the different topics you've read, so in that forum the indicator is removed when you read a topic. Most other boards (vBulletin included) work the way PunBB works.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Allright just put in the Admin->Options Cookie timeout
to like 25 seconds... that will do it!

That will have some "side-effects" though. If you are idle for more than 25 seconds, all topics will be marked as read.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

damn. you right.