Topic: template problem

hi ! great job with the forum only one question. how do i center the forum with width=800 ? 10x

Re: template problem

Edit the template files in include/template/. You could add a div around all the forum content. Insert the following after "<body{pun_body}>":

<div style="width: 800px; margin: auto">

And then the following before "</body>

</div>

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

10x a lot that was the what i needed. great support

4 (edited by z3phir 2003-09-19 19:21)

one more problem that worked but in the redirect page where do i insert the code. and how do i add a banner on top of every page ? and how do i add more links to the main menu ?

There are three files of interest in include/template/

main.tpl - the template that is used for almost all pages
redirect.tpl - for the redirect pages
maintenance.tpl - for the maintenance mode message (when forum is "turned off")

If you want the changes you made above to affect redirect pages as well, you add the HTML above to the file redirect.tpl (just like you did with main.tpl).

If you want to add a banner or add more links, you edit the same files. Look at the files and you will see things like pun_main and pun_navlinks enclosed in { and }. Those variables are replaced with actual content when PunBB generates a page. So, if you wanted to add a banner, you would just insert it somewhere in the template. If you wanted to add more links, you would add them next to {pun_navlinks}.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I will try that 10x for the fast relpay. I can try to translate the forum to romanian if you need this language pack. bye

Yeah, that would be very nice :)

8 (edited by ps21 2003-09-20 13:12)

I am working on improving and adding to the skinning guide. This looks like some stuff I could include. I forget all about changing the redirect template.

ps21: That sounds like a great idea. There have been quite a few questions about the templates.