Topic: Admins/moderators only for categories

I'm considering removing the ability to make a complete category admin/mod only. As it is now, the feature is only a lazy way of making all forums within that category admin/mod only. Thus, no functionality will be removed.

The reason I want to remove it is making a few queries a little simpler. Especially for "recent discussions" where I won't have to join in the category table if only forums can be admin/mod only.

What do you say?

Edit: Typo.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Admins/moderators only for categories

if the category still is invisible for normal users if all the forums within that category is admin/mod only ... then I don't see a problem with it

Frank H wrote:

if the category still is invisible for normal users if all the forums within that category is admin/mod only ... then I don't see a problem with it

Agreed.

if you do that im not upgrading o.o

Frank H, Hewitt: Yepp, that won't be affected.

fly: :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Then I'm okay with it. smile

Hewitt wrote:

Then I'm okay with it. smile

Agreed.

wink

i have been lost to the 'dark side' http://x.agent-penguin.net i wasn't getting any members so i decided to go with a forum that could look really good. and it helped.

fly: I guess our opinion on what "looks good" is different then ;)

1.1 will now incorporate this change.

fly wrote:

i have been lost to the 'dark side' http://x.agent-penguin.net i wasn't getting any members so i decided to go with a forum that could look really good. and it helped.

Offtopic, but fly started it! :)

I doubt the increase in members had anything to do with your choice of bb-software. Why would anyone not join a board just because they thought it was ugly? :)

"What in the hell happened here...You guys have too much time on your hands"