Topic: Installation Troubles

This is the message I get:

config.php doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first.

The config file is uploaded with all the info that was generated.  Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Thanks

~zilker

Re: Installation Troubles

Try removing the @ from the beginning of this line:

@include 'config.php';

in index.php. Then try to access index.php again and tell us what it says.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I tried that and this is what I got:

===================

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/detrends/public_html/forum/txapib/config.php on line 2

Parse error: parse error in /home/detrends/public_html/forum/txapib/config.php on line 2
config.php doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first.

===================

and this is the config that was generated when installing (I changed the user/pass for security purposes):

===================

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'detrends_database';
$db_username = 'detrends_user';
$db_password = 'pass';
$db_prefix = 'txapib';
$p_connect = true;

$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;

$language = 'en';

define('PUN', 1);

===================

Didn't know if that would help you out any.  Your time is appreciated.

Thanks,

~zilker

That is very odd. Are you absolutely sure your config.php looks like that? I appears you have a backslash somewhere that PHP doesn't like.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

That's what it lookes like to me too, but I don't see one.  Any ideas?

~zilker

You don't have a \  in your password or something like that? What version of PHP are you using?

The code I put in earlier is exactly what was generated.  I'm using version 4.3.3

~zilker

Well, I don't know what to say. PHP says you have a backslash in /home/detrends/public_html/forum/txapib/config.php on line 2. If you don't, I have no idea what's wrong.

I noticed an error in the text that needs to be pasted in config.php. The text does not end with "?>". I included it myself directly and had no problems.

Maybe that helps ?

Arne

I figured it out.  When I downloaded it, I think the file got corrupted somehow.  I redownloaded and reinstalled and it worked fine.

~zilker

ArneVR wrote:

I noticed an error in the text that needs to be pasted in config.php. The text does not end with "?>". I included it myself directly and had no problems.

Maybe that helps ?

Arne

The ?> at the end of PHP files is optional.

Sometimes weird things like that happen.