Topic: Login bug under IE6.0 & WinXP

Hello, I'm using ver 1.0.1, under XP and installed IE6.0 forum doesn't want to let registered users to login.

Is it already known, any solution?

Thank you

Re: Login bug under IE6.0 & WinXP

Make sure users have cookies enabled and they are not using any security apps that block cookies.

thanks a lot, will check next week from the job, I have there XP+IE6, but anyway on any other web-sites which use cookies and keep visitors logged in this problem is not appearing... Strange. Will check anyway as soon as possible.

The problem with not being able to login could be related to an "issue" in IE6 regarding cookies. Do you perhaps use some kind of domain redirect or frame based domain service?

You can read more about the problem in this topic: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2754

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

exactly, I use domain redirect with frame. Will try to play a bit with IE settings. Any ideas or work in this way, to solve it on server side?

Not really. The definitive solution is to not use a frame based domain redirect. However, you can try out different values for cookie_domain in your config.php.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks a lot! By the way, great application, light, fast, multi-functional.