Topic: Quick skinning question

I know that when you post, the colours alternate between TR.puncon1 and TR.puncon2 - however when I change one of these, its only the area around the text that changes.

Its as if there is a frame that the poster details (seen on the left - Username, Title, Posts, Registered, IP), and actual posted text and the "Website/Email" links.

I've had a look at vewtopic.php and there doesn't seem to be any reference to this colour change. Hoepfully the screenshot will help explain:

http://www.apsk07.dsl.pipex.com/punhelp.JPG

I want the pointed-to colours, to be the same as the surrounding areas.

Any ideas?

Re: Quick skinning question

What did you change? Did you change it in the css-files or in the script?

You have to change both TR.puncon* and TD.puncon

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I changed the CSS file for both TR.puncon* and TD.puncon.

I can't remember changing anything in viewtopic.php that would have done this.

Can you paste the HTML code for the table above? The one where the colors are wrong.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Oh - I just sorted it. In the skinning guide it said that "Whitespace = TABLE.punplain", which didn't have a background colour property in the CSS. So I wrote one in and that caused the colouring smile

Might be something to add as a caution note to the Skinning Guide

Ah, now I see! But didn't that screw up some other stuff? I'm thinking of all the other places where punplain is used.

Well no, because "TABLE.punplain { background-color: #AAAF88 }" didn't exist in the CSS I was editing (which was "sulfur"

Hmm, ok. Oh well, as long as it works I'm happy :)

Seconded smile