Topic: stoopid

Hi all

have stoopidly managed to delete my Administrator user from my punBB forum while doing some database work. I have database access, is there any field I can 'check on' to re-establish Admin access for my username?

James

Re: stoopid

Nope.  Try entering them manually.

STORY TIME!

Anyways, I was hosting this board on oht, when I lost me admin.  So we talked, and I said that I'd screw around with things if I didn't get it back.  So, I was banned.  Then I took it back, very cleverly, through the use of phpmyadmin and my ftp.  I'm so smart.

Love me! <3

Through the awful grace of God

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

What do you mean nope? Of course there is. Run this query:

UPDATE users SET status=2 WHERE username='james_frankham'

And voila! james_frankham is an admin.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks! worked like a charm smile

Good Job Kennel!

where to enter UPDATE users SET status=2 WHERE username='james_frankham' this then?

Well, either directly in the mysql client (mysql.exe i windows, just mysql in unix) or in an administration interface (phpmyadmin, mysql control center etc.).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

just what i was gonna say....

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------
---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Ok thx!

10 (edited by Evie 2004-01-17 20:43)

I did the same thing. And I'm in my domain's database control panel right now. But I have absolutely no clue where or how to enter this 'query'. I'm clueless. Anyone care to explain it to me..?

edit o my God. I actually managed to figure it out. yikes wow. I'm sorry for bothering you, lol

Glad to hear it worked out :)