Topic: Poor translators

I've realized that updating a language pack from 1.0.1 to 1.1 once it's released will be quite a task. Practically all the language files have changed and it's not only a matter of added or removed lines. Some of the strings have changed only slightly. I don't really know how I can make life easier for you guys. Perhaps I can run the files from 1.0.1 and 1.1 through some kind of file comparison tool (gnu diff, Beyond Compare etc) and supply you with the output. I'm not sure.

Do you have any ideas?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Poor translators

Dont run any output things, just leave it... and surely we'ed all catch on somehow wink

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------
---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Or you could put a tag with the intended pun-version alongside the language-file (so you have one lang_1.0.1.se and one lang_1.1.se). Not everyone may want to upgrade to latest version if they made extensive mods to the old one etc.

Hmm. How does that make it easier for someone updating their lang pack to work with 1.1?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

It doesnät, what i mean is, if the format changes between versions, the lang-packs should be versionized (funny word) so ppl know that for instance lan->.zip is for v1.0.1 and not for v1.1 etc.

It's basiclly come down to this; if someone wants a pack in their lang, and it's not available, they either use the default, or translate it themself.

Don't wanna step on anyones toes here, but if there is a base template, translations will come smile

True. I will append the PunBB to the lang pack files when 1.1 is released.