1 (edited by zetrader 2017-03-09 13:22)

Topic: Any way to create users ?

Hello, is there any way for the admin to create users with PunBB 1.4.4 ?
I've tried pun_admin_add_user v1.4.1 but it doesn't seem to work with PunBB 1.4.4, when i create an user it's not created in the member list, and when i search the user i created, the search form doesn't find it.

Edit (in case it's useful for somebody) : if i take a look at the database, the user has been created, but in the group_id "0" (not active), if i change to group_id "3" (the group of other users), the user appears in list, and the search form can find it.

Re: Any way to create users ?

same

Hello, as it's not fixed, you have to edit database like i said, change manually the "group_id" from 0 (not active) to 3 (group of other users) for each user you would create.

Hello !
If you configured registration so that new members must validate their registration by email, your created member won't show in the list unless he answers to the mail the website is sending. So, in this configuration, it is perfectly normal that he does not appear in the list.

In order to create a new member and make it fully active you must uncheck the email validation setting just before creating the member. And he will be listed immediately as a member. You may notch again the validation setting once he is created.

No need to modify the data base.

https://agora.chauvigne.info/
PunBB 1.4.6
PHP: 8.0.24
Base de données    SQLite3 3.27.2

Thanks for the advice MaraKat, it's been long time ago, i'll have to try again if it works fine if i uncheck email validation, it seems logical what you said.