Topic: Any one follow International Cricket?

This forum seems to be very diverse so I wanted to see if anyone follows international cricket.

Do, or do not.

Re: Any one follow International Cricket?

Cricket isn't very big here in Sweden, so no :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

That isn't a very good rule Kennel.

Football is bug in Sweden and you don't follow it smile

True, true. However, I don't believe I have ever seen cricket on swedish television. Not even Eurosport has cricket. How do you follow a sport that isn't even aired? :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, I live in America, where cricket isn't recognized as a sport, due to the lack of exposure. I found out about it from my family, who imigrated here from another country. I follow cricket through the internet, especially http://news.bbc.co.uk, their sports section and coverage is really good.

Do, or do not.

Ok, cool. It's odd how sports can be so dominant is some countries and hardly even recognized in others.

Yeah, international soccer is just catchig on here. Forget about rugby and cricket.

Do, or do not.

Well I come from England, where football and cricket both hail from. Although you wouldn't know it with our performance in both sports.

Although we won the Rugby World Cup big_smile

9 (edited by zc923 2003-12-24 00:57)

JoeWesthead wrote:

Well I come from England, where football and cricket both hail from. Although you wouldn't know it with our performance in both sports.

Although we won the Rugby World Cup big_smile

Well said. Has england ever won the icc world cup?

Do, or do not.

Haha, I doubt it \o/

Let's just stick to football & rugby

I dont follow cricket cuz
1 - Its crap
2 - England just cant play it....

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------
---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Well, my family is from Pakistan, so Cricket is huge over there.
And Pakistan don't suck at it.

Do, or do not.

Cricket = a group of middle class English guys failing to hit/throw/catch a ball with any measureable degree of accuracy.

ps21 wrote:

Cricket = a group of middle class English guys failing to hit/throw/catch a ball with any measureable degree of accuracy.

Dude, have you played cricket? It requires more skill and concentraton then other sports. Balls commin in at over 90 mph, a 4 inch peice of wood between you and the target, and catching a 5 oz ball with bare hands. Accuracy? I think i answered it.

Do, or do not.