Topic: Forum Rules Need Updating?

The Forum rules talk of only partial acceptability of yahoo.co.uk addresses.

I attempted to register with a Gmail address, but that seems to be banned as well. should a Gmail ban also be included in the Forum rules?

I registered with another address, but can find no way to change the address that I had hoped would be temporary, as it is not one I regularly check.

Is my only option to register again with a different address?

Re: Forum Rules Need Updating?

Are you talking about this forum?

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

Yes!

They say:

=====================
Special Spam Prevention Currently In Force:

1. If you register with a yahoo.co.uk email adress from OUTSIDE the UK, you will be treated as a spammer and deleted.

2. If you post a URL in your signature or under website within 24 hours of registering, your account will be deleted.

3. If you do not activate your account within 24 hours of registering here, your registration will be deleted.

4. If you post a link in your signature or under website here it should be related to PunBB forums, i.e. it should be a forum that runs PunBB or a site that offers some kind of added value to anyone who has a PunBB forum (for example downloads of extensions). Relevance is key. If you're unsure post in the general discussion forum.

Thank you for your understanding.
=====================

There's no reference to Gmail addresses being banned.

I am the last moderator of this forum. Administrators have not been here for 2 years, if not more. Google Captcha is not a barrier to spammers. Before I started blocking domains from which spammers are coming, up to several dozen spammers were registered per day. The moderator has limited rights and can only ban and delete posts.

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

Then all I can say is thanks and well done for all your work!

There's nothing more frustrating than when administrators lose interest in a project.