Topic: [REQUEST] Updated Styling Guide

I used to have a copy of the styling guide that Ps21 (I think that's their name) wrote for PunBB v1.0 and it was awesome. So I have a few questions:

Is there need for updating the guide?
If not, can I get a copy as I lost the one I used to have?

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Re: [REQUEST] Updated Styling Guide

Yes, it needs to be updated somewhat. I believe ps21 is working on it.

Here's the old one: http://punbb.org/download/museum/sg-1.0.1.zip

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks man.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

It's coming hopefully sooner rather than later.

what are the changes as far as editing styles between 1.0.1 and 1.1?

See the upgrade instructions in the file install.html that is included in the package. What you have to do is to add three new CSS classes. You could also download PunBB 1.0.1 and compare one of the styles from that version to one of the styles in 1.1. It's a piece of cake really.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

7 (edited by CSpotkill 2004-01-13 14:03)

Sigma12 wrote:

what are the changes as far as editing styles between 1.0.1 and 1.1?

It's occurred to me that if we added complete XHTML/CSS support to 1.2, myself and ps21 will have to make some major changes to the style guide =p Then again, it would probably be easier to just start again from scratch. I've SnagIt 7 for the screenshots ;)

Just a little thing I have been working on.
http://post21.co.uk/punsg
Not quite finished yet and the idea is for users to install it on their own pc's so they can test their styles without having to install server/php/mysql.

OMG! That's awesome.

Ohh! Sweet! That will make it alot easier! smile

Thats a nice.. thing tongue