Topic: New with uploading problems

I have an account with MediaTemple (server). They are running the most current versions of PHP MySQL.

According to the installation instructions, I just upload all of the scripts to the database, only I am not sure where or how to do this through Dreamweaver MX.

How exactly to you upload these scripts to a server? I figured out how to run the installation script, but I have no idea where to put the additional files.

Thanks for your help in advance,

RedHook

Re: New with uploading problems

Since I'm pretty much the laziest person this side of the universe, I'll tell you the approximate steps, and then you request detail wherever you're stuck, ok?

1) you need to create a site on DW, through Site -> Manage Sites -> New (if you haven't already)
2) local directory must point of course to where you have the files on your HD
3) remote site must be configured with the particular details of your ftp account
4) ok, when you're over, it'll index the site. If you're on developer view (don't ask, I've no idea how to change modes), you've got a list on the right with 'design', 'aplication', 'code',... go to the files menu. There you'll see the whole list of files and directories. Select the uppermost folder (which will be your root web folder) and look for a blue arrow pointing upwards in the icons immediately over that. Press it. Wait. Eventually it'll finish and you'll be back. If there's any error, it'll pop up and stay there.

Ok, it's detailed but most likely not fully appropiate. Just write wherever you're lost, and someone'll try to help smile

Thanks for the reply,

I have DW set up except for the remote part. I am not sure what directory to upload these php files to. Do I upload them to the (var/www/html) directory like I would with an html file, and then run the install from there? I cannot find a directory (correct syntax for directory) in the MySQL database. My only option when I click on the MySQL tab is to Login and choose a database, but I do not see a directory.

Thanks,
RedHook

Ok, if you would normally UL HTML files to yoursite.com/var/www/html, and you access them directly through yoursite.com (not through yoursite.com/html/whatever) then, I'd suggest creating a new folder named var/www/html/punbb (or something you like better). Then use that directory in DW (that is var/www/html/punbb/ )
You don't choose a MySQL directory, cause it's more than likely not in the same machine as the web files. Usually (but not always) you'll have the MySQL server on localhost and then you have also a username / pwd to access the database. You'll be prompted for all that when you access the install file. One step at a time smile