Topic: 1.1.2 - install.php

The Admin password fields are text-fields instead of password-type fileds.

This an oversight or by design?

Re: 1.1.2 - install.php

That's by design. People have a tendency to fill out that form incorrectly and when they miss something I figured they wouldn't need to fill out the password fields again. I'm not sure. Someone reported it to me a while back and requested that I change it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by jochem 2004-02-24 11:03)

Passwords should always be entered in a password field.
Really, you should make it password-type again.

I don't mind it - a password field is generally so someone who is looking at what you are doing doesn't see what you input - but I'm sure its usually the case that when you are setting up your forums, you're not often going to be in a place where people are watching.

Joey wrote:

I don't mind it - a password field is generally so someone who is looking at what you are doing doesn't see what you input - but I'm sure its usually the case that when you are setting up your forums, you're not often going to be in a place where people are watching.

My thoughts exactly.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Joey wrote:

you're not often going to be in a place where people are watching.

hence the words "not often" wink
i have installed my forums from college twice....

jochem wrote:
Joey wrote:

you're not often going to be in a place where people are watching.

hence the words "not often" ;)
i have installed my forums from college twice....

Make sure you know who is looking over your shoulder then :)

I think when you're setting up forums, you need to know exactly what you have typed, because it would take a while to set everything up again if you mistyped something.

Rickard wrote:
Joey wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Stop logging into my account and posing as me Rickard..

Hmmm... I still choose a password field.  It's just more secure and leaves less liabilty on the administrator's shoulders if you know what I mean?!