Topic: Should I move?

First of all - great job on building such a nice forum!

Actually I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. At the moment I'm using another forum software (miniBB), but although I like it's simplicity it's not perfect in every way. I've been looking for a possible replacement and that's how I found punBB. But...

There is one thing about miniBB I and my forum users really like and that's the ability to display a list of 10 (or 15, or 20 etc.) latest replied-to topics on the main forum page (see example here.) Is there any way to have this kind of mod in punBB?

And another question. From reading this forum I know there has been talk about a  miniBB-to-punBB converter, but is it finished/working yet?

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings!  smile

Re: Should I move?

Inka wrote:

There is one thing about miniBB I and my forum users really like and that's the ability to display a list of 10 (or 15, or 20 etc.) latest replied-to topics on the main forum page (see example here.) Is there any way to have this kind of mod in punBB?

I believe extern.php does something like that.

Yes, extern.php will do that for you. Have a look in faq.html that is included with the package.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks guys!  smile