1 (edited by jacobswell 2004-05-10 06:00)

Topic: Running PunBB++ & porting phpBB's post

Hello, My site is http://jacobswell.nared.net/punbb.

By this time the homepage is not open yet. just testing for punBB++ now.

I've ported phpBB's post method(? - soooorry, I'm not an American, Can you tell me what should I call?) and a little upgraded it.

- phpbb++ has a bug that when we click the smilies it does not appear in the textarea. iit is now fixed.
- you can use b, u, i, url, img, etc buttons easily like phpBB and more. whenever you click a button, it will be inserted to current cusor position. phpBB has it at the last position. so mine is more useful I think.
- it supports font type, color, size. Just go and test it.

This is the sample picture.

http://jacobswell.nared.net/upload/sample.jpg

Now I'm looking forward to phpBB v.1.2 for the language pack.

Re: Running PunBB++ & porting phpBB's post

I had to do that to (a dirty hack, and yes I mean I HAD TO :( ) and it works nicely. I see why it shouldn't come with PunBB as a feature but it would be nice to have it as a mod.

Though honestly font size and different fonts is a little too much for me :D. I couldn't get the /color tag to work btw, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'll try to close it immediately as you did, good idea.

Nice work.

PS. Btw, does anyone know why Mozilla scrolls textareas to the top after clicking on any of the icons? It seems to work well for explorer. There is a piece of code somewhere that corrects it for Explorer, not for Mozilla (that I know of). Regards.

jacobswell wrote:

- you can use b, u, i, url, img, etc buttons easily like phpBB and more. whenever you click a button, it will be inserted to current cusor position. phpBB has it at the last position. so mine is more useful I think.

Does that works in all browsers? In that case, it would be nice to see a code example :)

No, it doesn't work for Mozilla (1.5). Nor does it seem to work for pay-for forums as IPB or vBulletin.

opera cannot deal properly when input has properties with background-color, border-style. so help line cannot be same with mozilla and ie.

see http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum83/3021.htm.

and I'm searching docs for mozilla & opera in dealing with textarea field. if I succeed, me try to make it  a MOD.

Hmm Interesting. caret position function only belongs to IE.... frustrating sad

Yeah.. I don't think theres any way of doing that in real javascript.

Say, what happen to Cactuz Network?

I'm working as much as I can with the new server and PunRes (yes, PunRes 2.1 is on it's way ;)). But I'm suffering from a stomach disorder which slows things down :/

soori what's a PunRes 2.1?

PunBB Resource? =)

OK.. Cool .. great job there .. smile ,
I'm writing a cms based on PunBB.. just love this PunBB..

thus called PunCMS.. it will be base on speed, cleaned coded.. eh .. simple as to say .. not like the other CMS system.. like phpNuke, PostNuke & so on..

is it possible to support for mozilla even though not opera, seeing htmlarea?