Re: Blogs anyone?

you sure? it works fine for me

No, not at all. That's odd. I get the correct site.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well it looks fine now, but something has been changed. This morning rickard.punbb.org showed a WordPress configuration screen, later, when I posted, it directed me to the main punbb.org site - are you sure you haven't been fiddling with the servers settings ?

I promise.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

my blog is http://zhizhuo.888net.cn/blog/

Rickard: Have you wonder about the low amount of comments on you rickard.punbb.org blog after you switched to WP? It just might be that you have a problem, I tried posting a comment without success, no errors, nothing, but no comment either. I even tried using another browser (won't say the f-word here).

CodeDuck: As a matter of fact, I have been wondering why no one has commented on the last couple of entries. I don't think it's a WP problem though since I've received comments for some of the entries. I'll look into it.

I've been commenting also, just thought you didn't like my comments sad

It gives me a "Cannot Find Server" message. Did you remove it?

nope, it works fine for me

CodeDuck wrote:

Chacmool: Oh hot blogger chicks do exist, just try to google for "hot blogger chicks".

While browsing through this topic, I hit that link and lo and behold, the top link points right back here smile Is that some kind of recursive search vortex?

Actually, I think that's because they only exist in this punBB thread...

Sad, isn't it?

Rickard wrote:
CodeDuck wrote:

Chacmool: Oh hot blogger chicks do exist, just try to google for "hot blogger chicks".

While browsing through this topic, I hit that link and lo and behold, the top link points right back here smile Is that some kind of recursive search vortex?

In addition to googling, MSN search for "hot blogger chicks" shows that usage of the soon commonly used expression "hot blogger chicks" has spread to other places after we started using it (well only two places, but it is a start of a new trend :-)).

Connorhd wrote:

It's still doing it to me!

65 (edited by scottywz 2005-06-05 03:56)

I wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

It's still doing it to me!

Nevermind. I found it at http://rickard.punbb.org (I think).

Edit: I use Maxthon, which uses the IE engine, and it said that I should use Firefox. I also have that installed (I don't use it much, though) and I went to it there and it didn't say that. At least Maxthon has AD Blocker (better than FF's image block function).

Um - Firefox has a great ad-blocker plugin.

CodeDuck wrote:

In addition to googling, MSN search for "hot blogger chicks" shows that usage of the soon commonly used expression "hot blogger chicks" has spread to other places after we started using it (well only two places, but it is a start of a new trend :-)).

There we have it. The definitive proof that Google is superior to MSN Search. Google ranks the PunBB hit higher smile

68 (edited by scottywz 2005-06-15 02:10)

And Google advertised phpBB installation in an AdSense thing on the PunBB.org Forums. (And yes, I do mean they advertised phpBB installation, no typo there.)

http://sig.scottywz.com/what_the_heck.jpg is where I have a screenshot of the ad. Look at the bottom, I used this image in another post. (No, I don't use Firefox as my primary browser, and moderators, I am well aware that I already said that I don't use Firefox as my primary browser. smile )

[i wrote:

Rickard][/i]

CodeDuck wrote:

Speaking of Google, they say they don't index pages with id=32754 or id=7777 or
id=kick+google+web+accelerator's+butt+before+some+chinese+
hacker+gets+a+hold+of+my+credit+card+number+because+I+
was+dumb+enough+not+to+use+a+merchant+with+a+secure+
server+and+google+web+accelerator+and+I+navigated+to+a+
page+blah+blah+blah or id=2. But, low and behold, they do. The link in the above quote proves it.

Speaking of Google, they say they don't index pages with id=32754

where?

And Google advertised phpBB installation in an AdSense thing on the PunBB.org Forums. (And yes, I do mean they advertised phpBB installation, no typo there.)

yeh it happens if you give the url to rickard he can block it

Connorhd wrote:

Speaking of Google, they say they don't index pages with id=32754

where?

Webmaster Guidelines

Technical Guidelines:

? Don't use "&id=" as a parameter in your URLs, as we don't include these pages in our index.

©2005 Google ...

Source: http://www.google.com/intl/en/webmaster … lines.html

And, back onto the subject of blogs, here's mine: The Scotty

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … gle+Search
Looks like that's out of date to me wink

I updated my blog, but don't worry, I won't post here every time I do. smile