Topic: [1.1.4] password recovery

The password recovery e-mail can be a little confusing for users who have somehow managed to forget their username - to them, it'll look as if the password recovery function doesn't work at all.

I would suggest changing the password recovery e-mail, so that instead of "Hello Username" it would start out "Hello Realname" - users don't expect to find their username at the beginning of a letter like that. Instead, add the username on the line before the password, "Your username is: xxxx".

2 (edited by Simple Exploding Man 2004-05-12 10:06)

Re: [1.1.4] password recovery

But the real name is not a required field, moreover, most people don't fill it in (at least with real data). It would depend on the kind of forum you admin, of course.

Edit. Spelling.

well, then:

$displayedname = $realname != '' ? $realname : $username

that's not really important anyways, keep the username for all I care - my point was that the username should be displayed together with the password, so that the user doesn't have to guess smile

I agree that it's probably a good idea to show the username together with the password. However, if I can avoid changing the mail templates, I will. I want to make it as simple as possible to upgrade 1.1 language packs to 1.2.

[topic moved]

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."