Topic: PunBB Styles

Well i just wanted to ask the PunBB community if they would be intrested in a PunBB style site, I would release free and some for sale, Also button sets so you can update your buttons on the forum, Just about all the styles that i will be making will have buttons and so on.
Please feel free to speek your mind thank you!

Re: PunBB Styles

I'd more be for somethin more like punres wit only styles... but go ahead if you got some color talent make your own styles...

well i could also get a style up and running and let you all take a look.

thorax wrote:

Well i just wanted to ask the PunBB community if they would be intrested in a PunBB style site, I would release free and some for sale, Also button sets so you can update your buttons on the forum, Just about all the styles that i will be making will have buttons and so on.
Please feel free to speek your mind thank you!

For sale? I really don't like this idea, PunRes works perfectly fine as it is. Don't like it when people wants to get payed for stuff over Internet, only gets frustrated when there's suddenly a "Members only, pay to be able to enter"-page...

free possibly, none for sale =/ But in all honesty, as Chacmool says, PunRes is perfectly capable of handling it as it is...

I dont dig the PAY thing. too many other forum solutions have gone that route. the main reason why im sticking with punbb is the free/simple, clean/user conscious philosphy.

7 (edited by middleground 2004-05-21 15:36)

If I may ever so gently make a comment. I think what he is trying to accomplish is (for free or paid) "styles/themes" site. This does not make the forum (or PunRes) paid, nor would it require anyone to even go for it. It would simply be something that people may want, and could pay a couple bucks for it rather than doing themselves.....

When I released phpcoin, it was rather plain (much for the same reasons as punbb), but a lot of people simply wanted a different look. Many people installing software have NO idea how to change it. One person started free / paid themes and to my amazement, that was the difference for some people and they scarfed it up....Did I get pissed that someone made money from my project- yes sort of, but they're not really getting paid for your work, but instead for additions to it....

To this day, phpcoin is more popular because of it. (and in some cases- more popular does mean more donations smile )

Just imho... smile

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

ya i understand where everyones coming from.

I have no issues at all with you paying for some of the styles. You do what you want. I think it will be a very hard sell for you, but by all means, give it a try :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well i would be more then happy to post some of my styles on the forum to give away.