Re: Coppermine Integration...

Rod wrote:

for me, all the galleries are bad in the sense where you want to see a pic, you have to change a page ... DOM changes this !!! and it's really good for galleries, for users, and .. THE SERVERS !

We know !! smile

CPG 1.4 is valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional.

Jérémie wrote:
erissiva wrote:

I'm leaning towards Singapore which is both XHTML and CSS compliant...Nice, small, and simple.

Transitionnal DTD, and with some table layout it seems. But tahnks, I will look into it, maybe it's just a matter of templates.

That's all that singapore needs, some more themes.

It's lightweight enough and has pretty good navigation elements. I manage my galleries via ftp, upload a directory tree and instant gallery.

Nice clean urls via mod_rewrite: http://nupusi.org/linda/laetitia_casta/ … sta_18.jpg

53 (edited by Mellaflusia 2005-03-12 16:19)

hcgtv wrote:

I settled on the singapore gallery: http://nupusi.org

I've looked at singapore, which is a nice, lightweight system, but I am left with a few questions:

- Does it support multiple users?
- How secure is it?

Coppermine integrates alright, but it is insanely difficult to do any heavy modding to it because of the way it was built. Its HTML output is a disaster, it has way too many features, the integration is....less than desirable, and the 1.4 version, which seems to be much better, is coming "someday" and I am not sure I can wait that long for a major component of my community site.

I've been looking for the "right" alternative. Punbb was the perfect replacement for the overweight, buggy phpbb. We need a punGallery, or something built with the same philosophy.

I just don't have the coding skills to build one.

Mellaflusia

I think the integration does all you can reasonably expect it to do without making any changes to the forum you bridge it to. As I said, 1.4 is xhtml and css compliant and has a new bridging system. The theme system we inherited from the original creator of coppermine, and we are doing the best we can with it (for the 1.x series). 1.4 is now under feature freeze and a beta will be available within a few weeks I should think.

Mellaflusia wrote:

I've looked at singapore, which is a nice, lightweight system, but I am left with a few questions:

- Does it support multiple users?
- How secure is it?

Maybe we should continue this at the singapore forums?

http://singapore.sourceforge.net/forum/

In fact a "punGallery" would be better for all ...

imagine ...

hcgtv
Docasaurus & PunBB Donor

E-mail  Website GALLERY

Mmmmmmm it would be perfect for communauty system ...

I would like something powerfull like Coppermine (very powerfull), but written in the same philosophy like PunBB : efficacity, min-queries, and easy code understanding ... and all in dhtml / xhtml >> future of the web smile (it's funny, I say this sentence since 1998)

smile

Rod wrote:

In fact a "punGallery" would be better for all ...

I agree, a simplistic Gallery in the spirit of Pun would be awesome.

It would be interesting to open a project no ?!!

And see how to create a simple, intuitive, fast, compatible system with pics ... and the more difficult > a translator for all the systems we use actually smile

Rod wrote:

It would be interesting to open a project no ?!!

And see how to create a simple, intuitive, fast, compatible system with pics ... and the more difficult > a translator for all the systems we use actually smile

I'm drooling...
big_smile

I got this error while bridging the latest coppermine with the latest Pun:

Fatal error :

There was an error while processing a database query.

While executing query "SELECT id AS user_id, username AS user_name, status FROM `jedi_nuke`.punbb1users WHERE username='2' AND password='f1a91e33f7c1bcff82e829aab1fe9033'" on 0

mySQL error: Unknown column 'status' in 'field list'

Maybe I need to clear the user-data for the gallery in the database?

Be more specific about versions please, the 1.1.5 punbb bridge that came with the 1.3.2 cpg package wont work with a 1.2 install of punbb.

62 (edited by Endre 2005-03-13 17:26)

oh.. thats the version I have.

so is there no way to integrate 1.2.x?

I downloaded the file u posted earlier here, where I was able to enter the gallery as guest. Login didnt work tho.

Will try to edit the file myself, but any ideas are welcome.

Edit:
I used Bradley's code, and it worked like a charm. My gallery is now integrated with pun big_smile thank Brad for posting that code!

63 (edited by Mellaflusia 2005-03-15 14:34)

Bear with me here for a second, as I try to explain what is going through my head.

Could we not create some sort of mod that would allow users to upload images? I know there's an attachment mod, but that's not what I'm thinking of.

What I am thinking of is having a special category that is only for the gallery, and any forum beneath that category would, in effect, be a gallery category.

The gallery category need not appear on the forum view page. Perhaps another page could be made that  organizes the category/forum structure visually, in a more "traditional" gallery way. Or maybe we could create something like extern.php which would allow us to integrate the gallery content with the rest of our sites.

Users could post images, along with pertinent information and image category through a gallery post form, instead of the normal post form. It would handle all the mime-type checking, image size and file size/file-type checking.

Back on the view side, whether it's a normal forum displayed differently, or a different page altogether, clicking on the thumbnail would give us a thread-view page with the large version of the image at the top. It would work like our normal thread- view does now. Users could comment on the images, the comments would be in the familiar thread-view format, and comments would could toward the users post count.

Then we'd have all the pubb permissions in place, the the moderation and the administration capability, and very tight integration.

Just a thought. Any comments/ideas on this? I wasn't sure if I should post it here, or start a new thread.  My apologies if the thoughts behind this post are not very well organized!

~m~

Maybe something like this. It's a little limited atm, but it does avoid any punbb modding.

Nibbler(cpg) wrote:

Maybe something like this. It's a little limited atm, but it does avoid any punbb modding.

That's very interesting. How's it working?

~m~

Mellaflusia wrote:

Bear with me here for a second, as I try to explain what is going through my head.

Could we not create some sort of mod that would allow users to upload images? I know there's an attachment mod, but that's not what I'm thinking of.

What I am thinking of is having a special category that is only for the gallery, and any forum beneath that category would, in effect, be a gallery category.

The gallery category need not appear on the forum view page. Perhaps another page could be made that  organizes the category/forum structure visually, in a more "traditional" gallery way. Or maybe we could create something like extern.php which would allow us to integrate the gallery content with the rest of our sites.

Users could post images, along with pertinent information and image category through a gallery post form, instead of the normal post form. It would handle all the mime-type checking, image size and file size/file-type checking.

Back on the view side, whether it's a normal forum displayed differently, or a different page altogether, clicking on the thumbnail would give us a thread-view page with the large version of the image at the top. It would work like our normal thread- view does now. Users could comment on the images, the comments would be in the familiar thread-view format, and comments would could toward the users post count.

Then we'd have all the pubb permissions in place, the the moderation and the administration capability, and very tight integration.

Just a thought. Any comments/ideas on this? I wasn't sure if I should post it here, or start a new thread.  My apologies if the thoughts behind this post are not very well organized!

~m~

You have simply the SAME vision like me ...

I have my site http://www.fantasya.net ... and I have organized a contest about "Blue Fairy"

the top would be ... if a user posts a pic on the forum, a little admin appears (only for admin)

and as choice :
- put this pic in [name] Category
- put this pic in [name] Category ... blablabla ...

Of course, this pic would be in album user ... and in this case, a little admin for user to put the pic in its own album.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but I have looked over these forums as well as the forums at Coppermine and have come up short.

I am using PunBB 1.2.10 and Coppermine 1.4.2 (from what I can tell both are the latest versions of each as of today). Both products work fine stand-alone.

When I run the Bridge manager for CPG and choose the PunBB 1.2 it appears to integrate just fine, when I log into PBB I am also logged into CPG. I haven't found anything inside PBB that appears to be amiss BUT now when I try to get into the "Users" area of CPG I get a critical error, also, the Groups have now changed to just first letters.

Basically whats wrong is I now cannot pull thumbnails from CPG because of the users error. It obviously appears to be with the bridge. If I set CPG BACK to stand-alone mode I no longer can log in and I have to re-install CPG.

I know this sounds like a CPG question, but I thought I would toss it out here to see if anyone here has run into this with these versions or would have an idea about how to fix the problem.

Thanks!

The issues with usermgr.php, the user galleries and the first letters bug are fixed for 1.4.3, due out fairly soon. There are fixes posted on the coppermine board, but they are general bridge issues, so a search for punbb specifically would not have found them.

Thanks... I have been searching at the CPG site for about an hour now and have found some related stuff but almost all of it is related to phpBB2 (I found one post discussing the "Critical error- There was an error while processing a database query" issue, but again, the files were phpBB2 files, not PunBB).

I'll keep looking, but if you have any suggestions it is appreciated (I'll wait for 1.4.3 if there is not already a fix for this issue concerning PunBB & CPG).

Thanks again....

I'll install myself a punbb and make sure it's all working smoothly for 1.4.3

Test the latest versions of the bridging system files from cvs:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/* … 12.inc.php
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/* … se.inc.php

Just overwrite your existing files with these.

Bingo... those two files corrected the problem.

Many thanks for looking into it and putting the time into fixing that!

I have punbb 1.2.15 with coppermine latest version. when in bridge mode. everything ok. except xp publishing. i disable it and xp_publishing works fine. I have tried to search threw coppermine. alot of dead ends.... Nibbler can u help?

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Only way to use publisher when bridged is to login to Coppermine/punbb first using IE. This way the bridge should recognize you. You can't login within the publisher itself unfortunately.

so coppermine first then punbb?
i really like the xp publisher since i got about 10 gig of photos that i have taken or worked on.. lol..
thanks
Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!