1 (edited by Raybo 2004-07-18 12:05)

Topic: New install of 1.15 - cannot login

I've just installed 1.15, and everything went smooth.  However, after install - the system will not allow me to login.

Has anyone had issues with this?

TIA

Re: New install of 1.15 - cannot login

Could it be the problem described in faq.html?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ok, I give up - where is the FAQ?

I was able to login using Mozilla - but will not allow me a login using IE 5.1 for mac

and yes, I did delete all my cookies on IE :>)

Then it's the problem described in the FAQ. The file faq.html is included in the download archive.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

k, thanks

i've the same probleme, i read the faq :

The problem is related to how Internet Explorer 6 handles third party cookies. A first party cookie is a cookie that originates from the host domain, whereas a third party cookie originates from another domain. The problem arises when a website utilizes some form of domain redirect or frame-based redirect service. I.e. a service that redirects the user to the real location instead of pointing directly at it. The only viable solution to the problem is to not use such a domain redirect service and use a "real" domain instead.

i don't use redirection nd i don't use frames...

the cookie are set on 'always athorized' on IE...

Just delete your cookies having to do with punbb, and you should be fine.  I intuited this was the trouble I was having, and deleted my cookies - but when I was still unable to login, I posted this thread.  It was only later I discovered that I had not deleted all of them - only some [perhaps another board elsewhere] - but after doing so, I was able to log in fine.  In summation, just be sure you delete all the cookies that point to the url of where your punbb is installed.  :>)

sorry but i've deleted all the cookie and i can't login under IE6