Topic: crypted password

I have used phpbb until now and am in progress of converting the databas to punbb. I have one problem though, and that is the password cryptation! Phpbb is using MD5 what I know of and punbb is using that and another! I changed my password to the same one on both phpbb and punbb and checked the database if they'd be the same; they weren't!

Is the only way to solve this to make punbb just cryptate in md5 or is there another way to solve it?

Re: crypted password

PunBB is using SHA-1 if it's available. If not, it falls back on MD5 instead. There's no problem converting the forum, beqause PunBB recognize which function to use by looking at the length of the saved hash.

aaah, great! Thank you for that!

OK, I have encounterd a small problem! I get this message when I try to convert the ser database:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in KONVERTERA-FORUM.php on line 37

I have got that sort of message before, but can't remember how I solved it.

Can it be that phpBB's fields in the user database is of other types? For example phpBB's ID field is INT(10) while punBB's ID field is mediumint(8).

"KONVERTERA-FORUM.php"? Which converter do you use?

my own smile

using a while-loop to transport all content from the phpbb fields to the punbb fields.

Madoor wrote:

my own =)

using a while-loop to transport all content from the phpbb fields to the punbb fields.

Okay :)

I've done converters you could use instead if you like. Download them here.

aaah, thx!

Ther's one problem thought smile You have included 2 files of every file! There's one copy of each in the zip file and another copy in the "phpbb" map in the zip file. How come? Do I have to upload it all?

Madoor wrote:

aaah, thx!

Ther's one problem thought =) You have included 2 files of every file! There's one copy of each in the zip file and another copy in the "phpbb" map in the zip file. How come? Do I have to upload it all?

I've made a mistake there :) You only need the files in file's root (not the folder).

okidoki, thx.