Re: XHTML 1.1 Parrallelism

I definately prefer a semantically correct 1.2 than a completely tableless 1.2. Tables are supposed to be used to display tabular data and that's exactly what they do in 1.2.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

27 (edited by ShawnBrown 2004-09-26 07:25)

Re: XHTML 1.1 Parrallelism

I just posted some of these details in the "using PunBB as mini-CMS" discussion (http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4712) but it's more relevant here.

Here's a more detailed description of what I meant about modelling future versions of Pun after XHTML 1.1 and XHTML Basic's module structure:

Each module could be a folder containing a small handful of that module's php scripts. And a basic setup would include the following module-folders:
  *Core (required: includes things like config, post, delete, edit, etc.)
  *Admin  (required)
  *MySQL_to_PunXML (a something_to_PunXML would be required)
  *PunXML_to_XHTML_Basic (a PunXML_to_something would be required)
  *Lang_En (at least one lang module would be required)
  *User (with user login, and post options)

Or something like that...

Then, people could add or swap modules... adding an "Attachments" module if they wanted, or replace PunXML_to_XHTML_Basic with PunXML_to_XHTML_1.1, etc.

Or maybe registered users could choose between several available output standards (1.1, Basic, etc.) in their options--same with the language modules.

Mods could take the form of additional module-folders or replacements to the required ones... maybe some 3rd party could make a PunXML_to_Flash module? I wouldn't ever run it personally, but it would be neat to play with for a bit.

Like I said in my post under the CMS discussion--I've taken a look at 1.1.5's code so I know this idea isn't simply an add-on to PunBB as it stands now... I'm simply suggesting this as a direction to grow towards in the future.

Latest Open Source project: [img=Templar PHP]http://code.google.com/p/templarphp/logo?logo_id=1251758459[/img]

TemplarPHP - A cascading template framework for PHP.