Re: PunBB 1.2 Beta

Rickard: Oh, didn't notice it.

Well, it's a suggestion for the future, as the upgrade code in this area needs to be written only once then and can be used forever. ;)

Not really. There will still be problems when items are to be removed from the configuration. You can't just remove all items that aren't in the config array in the install script, because then you might remove stuff that was added by mods or by the administrator.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I think I found a bug current default style in 1.1.5 is not oxygen. After upgrading the forum to 1.2 beta the web page showed text only and no style. I tried changing to oxygen in admin options and didn't help. So I delete everything and start over.
After that I put oxygen as a default style in 1.1.5 before upgrade, then I start upgdaring and everything went well.
Question is, should we all keep oxygen as default before we upgrade to 1.2 or there is another way around?
t/y

when you upgrade it and you dont have the basic oxygen them as default you have to change it in the admin section and your profile,

and that reminds me maybe this should be an idea for 1.2 or 1.3 but maybe have a "default theme" in the profile, where it will choose the board theme no matter what.

230 (edited by zc923 2005-01-01 15:43)

Not sure if previously posted or not, but when its a bad http refer, it only says Info, then the admin email. Only occures when changing arround options.

Do, or do not.

Found something else, when you make a new catagory, the forums "tab" or section shows that there are blank forums there, but when you click edit, it says its an invalid link.

Do, or do not.

zc923 wrote:

Not sure if previously posted or not, but when its a bad http refer, it only says Info, then the admin email. Only occures when changing arround options.

Odd. I'll fix it smile

zc923 wrote:

Found something else, when you make a new catagory, the forums "tab" or section shows that there are blank forums there, but when you click edit, it says its an invalid link.

Reported and fixed already.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Damn it, just realized I delayed 1.2 from being released, again. *Stuffs shoe in mouth*

Do, or do not.

Yes, it's all your fault! wink

I can't seem to change my mail on this forum. It says:

An email has been sent to the specified address with instructions on how to activate the new e-mail address. If it doesn't arrive you can contact the forum administrator at punbb@telia.com.

But the email isn't changed. I didn't recieve an email either.

That's odd. I just tried it with an account with a gmail address and it worked just fine.

Wait it works now, it was probobly me who put in the wrong adress. Sorry  sad

If it hasn't been reported before (I'm to lazy to read ten pages... wink) there's a bug with the usergroup system. A guest can read forums even that they don't have access to it. But if I deny members on the same forums, it dissapears for both of the usergroups.

Are you sure? I am unable to reproduce that bug. If I uncheck the "Read forum" permission for guests for a particular forum, they can't read it or any topics within it.

Yeah, I've unchecked the "Read forum" permission for some of my forums but you still see the forum, topics and posts within it.

http://www.knarkel.com/forum

Guest shouldn't have permission to any forum but "Klotterplank!"

Krakel wrote:

Yeah, I've unchecked the "Read forum" permission for some of my forums but you still see the forum, topics and posts within it.

http://www.knarkel.com/forum

Guest shouldn't have permission to any forum but "Klotterplank!"

Hmm, that's very odd. I would have to have a look at it myself in order to find out what the problem is. Perhaps you can contact me via e-mail or maybe on IRC? I'm in #punbb on Quakenet.

Yeah sure.

Problem solved. It was not a bug. For some reason, the guest user had group_id = 4 when it should have group_id = 3. I'm guessing it's a problem with the migration tool.

Krakel: Thanks for the help. You can remove my admin rights now smile

Rickard, if you finally release (no hurry needed for me!), can you please post somewhere instructions for us 1.2Beta people, how to upgrade to 1.2 final?

Yes, I will look at that right away.

Actually, it's very easy. Except for updating the scripts, you will need to do the following:

1. Fields 'yahoo' and 'aim' in table 'users' should be changed from varchar(20) to varchar(30).
2. Add a row 'o_regs_report' with a value of 0 to the 'config' table.
3. Make sure there is a row 'o_default_user_group' in the 'config' table and that this row has the value 4. You probably have this row, but make sure.
4. The row 'o_cur_version' in the 'config' table should be updated so that it reads '1.2' instead of '1.2 Beta'.
5. Delete all .php files in the cache/ directory.

I think that's it.

Edit: I added step 2.

Upgraded from 1.2 beta to 1.2 final, referencing the above post:

1. Had to make the changes.
2. The row was already there.
3. Changed this row
4. Deleted all .php files

Working good, just had to refresh my browser for the CSS files to load.

I dont have the row 'o_default_user_group' in my config table... what values shuld this row have so i can enter it manualy

zargoth: 4.

Looking at the update script, it seems, one should also do this?

insert into config (conf_name, conf_value) values('o_regs_report', '0');

Right?