Re: PunBB 1.2 Beta

When I try and use the subscribe to topic, or internal email system - the email gets sent, but the redirect page displays a series of errors. They go by too fast for me to read, but I thought I'd mention it.

andor: But setting up the forum display order is only one click? It's one extra step for 15 steps. Being able to set the display order directly on the edit forums page would decrease your steps from 16 to 15. I ask myself, is it worth it?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

el_luap: Increase "Redirect time" in admin/options and you'll have time to read it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

andor: I just managed to duplicate your reported glitch. I am not amused.

EDIT:

Fixed again please god.

Notice: Undefined variable: server_response in /home/bigforkf/public_html/beta/include/email.php on line 90

That is repeated six times.

Rickard wrote:

andor: But setting up the forum display order is only one click? It's one extra step for 15 steps.

You are quite right <slaps forehead with open hand> - if I had left the display order to very last, it would indeed be only one extra click. You have got me!

No, Rickard, it is not worth all the extra work just to add such features as we've been discussing, and perhaps they start to work against the PunBB paradigm, as once you start duplicating settings all over the place, goodbye simplicity. Perhaps I need to think more like PunBB than the other way around. Thanks for indulging me - and I will keep in mind that the last thing I need to do is set display order!

Sorry about the CSS glitch, Paul - can you tame the beast? Or is it application based?

Small bug (unless I've missed something very recent)
The check for update is telling me there is a new version even though I'm on 1.2 beta.

el_luap wrote:

Notice: Undefined variable: server_response in /home/bigforkf/public_html/beta/include/email.php on line 90

That is repeated six times.

Has been reported earlier and has since been fixed.

andor wrote:

You are quite right <slaps forehead with open hand> - if I had left the display order to very last, it would indeed be only one extra click. You have got me!

No, Rickard, it is not worth all the extra work just to add such features as we've been discussing, and perhaps they start to work against the PunBB paradigm, as once you start duplicating settings all over the place, goodbye simplicity. Perhaps I need to think more like PunBB than the other way around. Thanks for indulging me - and I will keep in mind that the last thing I need to do is set display order!

No worries. I appreciate your feedback. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that setting the display order was one action, not many.

nangsyde wrote:

Small bug (unless I've missed something very recent)
The check for update is telling me there is a new version even though I'm on 1.2 beta.

I'm aware of it. Probably won't do anything about it since it will work when "beta" is removed from the version string.

184 (edited by Jansson 2004-12-09 13:20)

Anyone noticed there isn't any mysqli support? There should be I think. Tried to implement it myself but I couldn't figure out how to convert the mysql_unbuffered_query().

http://se2.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysqli.php

For example, WAMP 5 with MySQL 4.1 uses mysqli by default.

seect mysql 4.1.*, 5.* during install?

2004-11-05
""""""""""
*  Simplified database adapter (especially for PostgreSQL) classes a bit.
   Running PunBB with PostgreSQL now requires PHP 4.3.0 or later.
*  Added support for MySQL 4.1 and later via the MySQL Improved extension
   (mysqli). As a result of this, a new database adapter class has been
   added.

I'd prefer it to actually mention the difference between those 2 options in install. It isn't obvious that that is what the question is about. I use mysql 5, so I selected mysql 5 and then had to mess around because I don't have mysqli.

Nibbler(cpg): It's on the list already actually :) The problem is how to describe it so that the average webmaster understands.

Jansson: Wake up :)

188 (edited by Madoor 2004-12-09 18:30)

moderators can't edit anyones signature, neither can they delete the users avatars.

Madoor wrote:

moderators can't edit anyones signature

Fixed. Actually, moderators couldn't edit user profiles at all, could they?

Madoor wrote:

neither can they delete the users avatars.

Should they be able to? I mean, it's not advertised that they can.

Rickard wrote:
Madoor wrote:

moderators can't edit anyones signature

Fixed. Actually, moderators couldn't edit user profiles at all, could they?

Madoor wrote:

I think to "edit" all on the page, you'll see the example of Coppermine : instead of going on another pages, comments under pics use a javascript switch system : when you click on it, "html" content becomes "textarea" content ... Imagine ... instead of editing post per post, this option allows on the fly html > textarea and textarea > html ... you jump easily, you change all you want to change on the page, and ... ONE button to activate all the modifications ...

But to understand my explanation, you must see Coppermine sad

191 (edited by Madoor 2004-12-10 14:36)

Rickard wrote:
Madoor wrote:

It's not advertised, but moderators should be able to uphold the forum laws and that means deleting avatars that are against them. I do not allow animated avatars on my forum for example and the moderators should have the ability to remove those avatars that are.

Maybe you changed this when you changed the rest of the problems with editing profiles, what do I know?

Ok, point made. I'll fix it.

A bug found the "Moderated by: Username" The username there is not uppdated if the name is changed

Fixed.

johnjohn wrote:

Hi,

I have an error when I install the new punBB 1.2.

An error occured on line 1240 in file /home/site/www/punbb2/install.php.
PunBB reported: Unable to create indexes. Please check your configuration and try again.
Database reported: Access denied for user: 'user@IP' to database 'name' (Errno: 1044)

the same for me on fresh install of punbb1.2 beta

Rod:

That sounds like javascript... What I like about punBB a lot: It works without javascript and thus from a textmode browser.

1.2 Beta and PostgreSQL give charset problems:

Postgres normally wants Unicode (UTF-8) in its SQL commands. And it will reject anything, that is not valid UTF-8.

So I can't even create forums with umlauts in it.

For the english langpack the solution is probably simple: Move it to UTF-8 (it should not have any umlauts, etc in it).

For other langpacks this isn't as easy.

is it possible to disable caching in 1.2?

Yea, that would make MyPunBB so much easier.. sadly i think it would take heavy modding to disable cache, and it would require more out of mysql

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

shouldn't be a problem anyway, i have a backup plan wink but it might make life easier for me if it was possible easily